Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specific knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives. Generally, works under limited supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
Specific Job Summary
The Treasury Analyst works under limited supervision supporting Global Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) treasury organization. Responsible for forecasts, audits, analysis, and reports on the daily movement of cash generated from global business operations specific to credit card and/or receivables processing. The incumbent prepares, creates, and terminates merchant id’s (mids) for global sites, domestic sites, corporate departments, and Condominium Owner Associations. In addition, assists site and corporate associates with routine merchant services inquiries. The Analyst performs transactions in compliance with internal control policies and completes special projects as required to ensure continuous improvement of all cash management processes.
Generic Expected Contributions
- Performs the following types of tasks: analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Responds to, resolves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results.
- Assists senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- Establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- Allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- Contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
Generic Candidate Profile
- Supports day to day processes around merchant services activity specific to an international portfolio (multi-region, multi-currency).
- Provide financial reporting to Treasury Senior Leaders on credit card and receivables activity. Prepare budgets and analyze card processing and receivables activity for trends (transaction costs, refunds, chargebacks). Highlight opportunities for financial or operational improvements. Facilitate discussions with Treasury Senior Leaders on appropriate mitigation for areas of concern.
- Facilitate quarterly audit on all processor/acquirer/gateway systems and/or applications to support internal audit and MVW Corporate PCI review.
- Work with Treasury Leadership to obtain documentation from international acquirers/processors to support MVW Corporate PCI review.
- Assist Business Line teams with research on credit card and/or receivables activity and chargebacks.
- Process data requests and respond to queries from processors/acquirers (i.e. transaction release, transaction queries, refunds with no charges).
- Respond to Card Brand (Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover) and processor requests for updated Tax Identification Number (TIN). Ensure requests are submitted timely in order to ensure MVW entities are not subject to tax withholding.
- Assist domestic sites and corporate departments in resolving routine problems and questions with merchant services providers.
- Work with Business Line teams to obtain documentation required to complete applications for opening new merchant id’s (MID’s). Assist Business Line teams with obtaining appropriate Know Your Customer (KYC) data and documentation.
- Submit applications and required documentation to processors/acquirers/gateways to support requests for new merchant id’s (MID’s).
- Follow up on merchant id requests submitted to processors/acquirers/gateway to ensure timely completion.
- Work with Project Teams and/or gateway providers to ensure desired connectivity with new merchant id’s.
- Process requests to close MVWC international corporate, site, and Condominium Owner Association’s (COA) merchant id’s (MID’s).
- Maintains detailed database of all global merchant id information (mid numbers, settlement account numbers, authorized signers, etc.).
- Review semi-annual Card Brands releases. Focus on impacts to MVW business lines. Work with processors/acquirers to analyze financial impacts. Work with Treasury Leadership to communicate upcoming changes to Business Line leaders.
- Manage special projects specific to merchant services and/or receivables processing (i.e. requests for new payment channels and/or connectivity to systems and/or applications). Work with Treasury Leadership to identify potential vendors, evaluate vendor offerings, and facilitate decisions on new vendors.
- Routinely assists department leaders in daily departmental activities, domestic and international, as well as with special and long-term project initiatives.
- Utilizes professional knowledge and skills to improve departmental controls and enhance continuous improvement of business processes.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Usually a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or related experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS degree in Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
- Three (3) years’ experience in treasury, merchant services, accounting, banking or cash management
- International cash management experience a plus
- Experience in the timeshare industry beneficial
- Proven ability to work under pressure and achieve goals in deadline driven conditions
- Proven ability to pay attention to details in an environment of dynamic change
- Intermediate levels of proficiency in Microsoft programs, e.g., Access, Excel, and Word
- Proven track record of integrity and professional ethics
- Effective communication skills to explain complex transactions in simple terms
- Exceptional internal customer support and service orientation
- Strong work planning, priority, and time management skills
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.