MV Transportation is seeking a Human Resources Manager to lead the HR function at our Transit client site in Austin, TX. The ideal candidate will lead the HR team at two separate facilities and have oversight of employee relations, recruiting, employee engagement, benefits administration, as well ensuring that life cycle processes, like hires, terminations, FMLA, etc. are properly managed, documented and executed. The HR Manager also works with Union leadership to resolve any issues and provides guidance to the management team as it relates to progressive discipline actions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops strong relationships with functional leaders to provide timely and responsive guidance and solutions that add value to the business.
- Handles questions and communications regarding human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Administers human resource programs, plans and procedures for company personnel; assists in the development and implementation local processes in accordance with corporate policies.
- Collaborates with functional leaders at the local level to ensure processes are being followed as it relates to the documentation and processing of hires, terminations, transfers, leaves of absence, etc.
- Partners with functional leaders at the local and corporate level to develop and execute on divisional engagement plan to drive up employee engagement and drive down turnover.
- Maintains accurate records as they relate to headcount, absences, and leaves of absence.
- Responds in timely fashion to employee relations issues such as employee complaints and partners with regional HR on escalated ER issues.
- Acts as change agent supporting MV culture, values and changes in process, technology, and organizational structure to accelerate MV's future success.
- Facilitates and provides training to the workforce.
- Coordinates closely with corporate centers of excellence and models collaboration across MV.
- Maintains working relationship with Labor Relations team to ensure aligned messaging to unionized employees.
- Supports the hiring and termination process of all employees according to company policies and procedures.
- Assists with AAP hiring goals, required compliance and outreach.
Required Education and Experience
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or a related field or a SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification.
- Seven (7)+ years of experience in Human Resources with at least 3 years in a management role.
Preferred Education and Experience
Demonstrated experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Employee Relations
- Unionized environments, grievance handling
- Policy Administration
- Performance Management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.