To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Paterson, NJ
- Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey
- Phone: 973-763-9900
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse Medical Respite - RN
Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey • Paterson, NJ
Posted 4 days ago
Job Title: Registered Nurse for Medical Respite (RN)
LOCATION: Paterson, NJ
Assists consumers and staff in attaining and maintaining optimum health by assessing health care needs, planning and implementing health care policies and procedures
The Registered Nurse must cooperate with CPNJ, the Office of Licensing, the Division of Developmental Disabilities, and the Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participating in initial evaluations to by securing and reviewing all pertinent medical records and assessing physical well-being of consumers
- Together with Group Home Manager, being present for all admissions and discharges into the medical respite home during scheduled shifts in order to ensure compliance with all standards and policies.
- Adhering to standard health precautions and insures wellbeing of residents by monitoring individual health, administering medication as prescribed, following up on medical, dental and emotional health requirements, engaging residents in communication, social, recreation, and ADL skills, financial, training, habilitation, and family/community functioning; reports observed changes in health or behavior to home residence manager and supervisor.
- Administration of tube feedings and care of G-Tube site, administration of care associated with ventilators, tracheotomies, and all other medical needs of individuals.
- Administering prescribed medication to consumers and first aid to consumers and/or staff and prepares documents or progress notes relating to medication administration
- Accompanying consumers on all medical appointments or to hospital during scheduled shifts as CPNJ's person of medical expertise, follow through on all medical orders and coordinate follow up appointments as needed.
- Participating in development of Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP) along with home resident manager by including health status and health care needs; participates in re-evaluations with team as needed for the consumers.
- Engaging residents in activities of daily living to the extent that administering medications and documentation of all nursing responsibilities are completed as the priority in the home. These may include at times the areas of shopping, meal preparation, cleaning, bathing and dressing, transferring, toileting, feeding, grooming and hygiene; supports individuals in implementation of IHP/ISP or other goals and objectives.
- Assessing daily health status of consumers, treats medical problems as appropriate and notifies consumers' physician and their supervisor of significant observations and concerns.
- Maintaining medical records including regular anecdotal notes indicating significant developments and/or observations; writes reports as necessary in their nursing assessments.
- Driving van or other vehicle; escorts residents to scheduled programmatic or other activities, recreational opportunities, or medical appointments as assigned by supervisor
- Organizing medical and dental screening clinics; participates in clinics as required by health care providers.
- Interacting with residents' family members and friends and facilitate communications
- Attending and participating in staff meetings along with Home Resident Manager; may assist residents to participate in house meetings; may participate in individual meetings as needed
- Participating in development of new or revised health, safety and emergency procedures; conducts and participates in-service health education for consumers and staff; may provide health information and/or counseling to families.
- At least 21 years of age (Insurance Purposes)
- Graduation from an accredited school of Registered Nursing
- State of NJ Board of Nursing Certification as a Registered Nursing
- RN must have a current license to practice in the State of NJ
- Valid driver's license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)
- 3 years of successful employment working with medically involved adults with disabilities (hospital, sub-acute, assisted living, rehab/nursing facility, other medical facility, or a medical group home)
- Ability to successfully complete CPNJ trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening