[ Link removed ] is the optimization and analytics team for the world’s largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.
Position Specific Description
SaaS Sales will be an integral member of a new business within NextEra focused on providing innovative, energy SaaS solutions to C&I customers and utilities, starting with Optos, NextEra’s SaaS platform. NextEra manages $130B+ worth of renewable assets and Optos was created almost 10 years ago to improve NextEra's own asset performance. Today we’re bringing Optos to the market as an end-to-end energy management solution to help our customers unlock the potential to efficiently accelerate their decarbonization journey.
Employees in this role will be responsible for originating new customers and driving deals to successful close. You will own sales targets, formulate go-to-market strategies, and identify the resources required for success. You will work closely with technical sales to determine if a given prospect is a good candidate and translate the value proposition for the customer. Looking for a self-starter with a bias toward action who can connect and build strong relationships with others, demonstrates strong emotional intelligence and can communicate clearly and persuasively. Travel may be required up to 50%.
- Manage all day to day sales efforts for energy SaaS deals including development, qualification, and execution of sales opportunities through cold-outreach and introductions from warm referrals
- Collaborate with marketing, technical sales, product, and legal to ensure successful execution of new deals
- Build relationships with customers and key decision makers to become trusted advisor
- Monitor and provide timely and accurate forecasts of business performance, opportunities, and pipelines; maintain accurate records in CRM
- Review, prepare and negotiate proposals and legal agreements with customers
- Inform product development activities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years in sales, business development, or energy-industry required
- B2B SaaS or Software sales experience and experience serving the Commercial & Industrial customer segment preferred
- Experience in power marketing and trading a plus
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new or enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completed on time and within budgetary constraints.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive results
- Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and financial negotiations
- Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
- Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection
- Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
- Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Fosters external relationships with customers, third parties and members of the community
- Identifies opportunities and negotiates power sales contracts
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad /GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Organization: NextEra Analytics Inc
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
- Business Development
- Contract Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Value Proposition
- Data Analysis
- Emotional Intelligence