To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rome, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Octo Consulting Group • Rome, NY
Posted 26 days ago
The Octo team is seeking a Software Engineer to support the Air Force Research Laboratory Distributed Common Ground System Open Architecture (OA) initiative. This goal of this initiative is to develop an open and agile architecture, enabling a plug-and-play-type environment for the suite of DCGS applications deployed globally.
- The primary responsibility of this role is the design and development of custom applications that leverage a wide range of underlying data sources and that leverage cloud-native services
- The successful candidate will work directly with customers, test engineers, and others throughout all stages of the development lifecycle to implement application enhancements.
- Responsible for technical design, coding, and documentation.
- Unit tests code in preparation for testing and production implementation
- Supports business applications in production operation
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- 2-4 years Experience with Node.js, Angular, or React
- Experience with Bootstrap or other responsive, fluid design frameworks
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- At least one year of experience with agile development methodology, preferably SAFe or Scrum.
- At least one year of experience developing applications for enterprise business customers.
Clearance: To be considered, you must be a U.S. Citizen, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with automated build tools, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Experience with JIRA or Redmine Agile Lifecycle Management software
- Experience with development and deployment into cloud environment
- Experience with RESTful, SOAP, and other XML/JSON-based web services
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to the customer are a plus.
- Agile certification
- Other related experience with fielded systems and mission/system operations along with system sustainment for high system availability requirements a plus