To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
HR Business Partner
PODS • Reno, NV
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible for performing of activities for the business units and functions from responding to employee needs, to preparing for potential crises, to developing the next generation of leaders. There are four roles that this position must play; a strategic partner, operations manager, emergency responder and employee mediator. In addition, this position is the internal voice and communicator to all employees. To be successful, this position must engage in strategic talent management for the business, focuses on measurement and communication of HR policy, fix problems when they arise and manage through the conflicts and politics that arise in the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Partner Activities
- Work with the manager to adjust HR strategies to respond to changing needs, develop the next generation of leaders, identify critical HR metrics, identify new business strategies, identify talent issues before they affect the business, prioritize across HR needs, redesign structures around strategic objectives, and understand the talent needs of the Contribute to the organization's effectiveness by offering information and opinions to the Managers and Supervisors. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks; benchmarking state of the art practices; participating in professional societies
Operations Manager Activities
- Work with the manager to assess employee attitudes, communicate organizational culture to employees, communicate policies and procedures to employees, ensure HR programs are aligned with culture, keeping the business units and functions updated on HR initiatives, track trends in employee Safeguard personnel records by establishing, entering, controlling, and storing records; maintaining employee confidentiality
Emergency Responder Activities
- Work with the manager to prepare for a variety of emergency situations, quickly respond to complaints, quickly respond to line manger questions, and respond to employee and manager needs. Maintain consistent actions across the organization by initiating, coordinating and enforcing human resource policies and procedures; obtain senior management buy-in on new programs. Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function (g., OSHA, EEO, TEFRA, ERISA, Workers' Compensation, Unemployment, Wage & Hour)
Employee Mediator Activities
- Manage competing personalities in the organization, manage conflict between employees and managers, respond to organizational changes, and resolve political problems in the execution of business plans. Keeps the organization Union Free by keeping the employees engaged. Resolve issues quickly and provide a voice for all employees
- Supports in the dissemination of information including the target audience, message, format and structure of all internal communications Keeps employees informed by working with the communications team; preparing and disseminating communications; responding to and analyzing requests
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr Human Resources Business Partner
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management)
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- College Degree required
- 2-4 years of HR related jobs
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to build employee engagement programs and get buy-in from management and employees
- Possess math skills sufficient to perform required duties
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Negligible
- Climate-controlled office environment during normal business hours.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required
- May be subject to pre-employment criminal background check and/or drug screening as well as random drug screenings in accordance with company policy
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this job.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
PODS Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.
It is essential for us to work in an atmosphere of friendly cooperation; it is your responsibility to:
- Ask your direct supervisor for an explanation of anything you do not understand.
- Attend Orientation class and any required training sessions.
- Read your job description and Associate Handbook; sign the required acknowledgement documents and return to HR.
- Ask any questions about these items as well as any information given to you at meetings and through individual or group instructions, which will assist your understanding of this position.