Location: Columbus, Indiana
Direct hire full benefits
No visas, US citizens, Green Cards preferred, or Canadian citizens on TN
You will manage and supervise the activities of the Production, Engineering, Logistics, and Maintenance. Provide leadership in implementing the principles of the 5 Core Strategies to achieve continuous improvement towards zero defects in quality and delivery. Be responsible of the production activities (in terms of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delay, and Motivation) of one or more Autonomous Production Unit, in terms of targets achievement and results improvement. Be responsible for V5000 deployment on his or her APU(s). Lead continuous improvement of his or her perimeter.
- You ensure that any new employee of his or her perimeter follows an Induction process.
- Monitor competences for his or her team and develops its autonomy (training plan building, follow-up and training actions implementation).
- Ensure working standards are respected on its APU during the operations (safety, work instructions, quality, and respect of the product).
- Ensure that standards of reaction are applied with rigor (KOSU) and perform escalation according to standards.
- Lead daily, weekly and monthly meetings, and organize delegation.
- Conduct annual appraisals, salary review, career interviews, and succession planning and give feedback.
- Communicate a mindset of continuous improvement and responsibility vs. targets achievement inside its APU(s).
- Perform OJT of his or her teams every day on standards and methodologies implemented.
- Congratulate and recognize its team for improvements.
- Ensure a positive social climate on his or her APU(s).
- Ensure enforcement of health, safety and environmental rules; Safety Talks, Risking Hunting, Ergonomics Workshops
- You ensure curative and preventive maintenance of equipment and sustainable ERIM deployment.
- Define work standards with the help of support functions.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for SQCDM performance and profitability (gross margin) of his her APU, in terms of targets achievement, and improvement.
- Ensure optimal use of equipment (TRP).
- Assign and check corrective actions on recurring problems with APU and Plant support departments.
- Escalate at Site level the issues that cannot be solved at APU level.
You validate monthly the demonstrated capacity of his her APU(s) and communicate to SC for SIOP MPS.
- You ensure weekly commit on MPS.
- Respect daily the MPS contract.
- Ensure daily MPS respect deviation, take necessary measures to have respected weekly MPS at end of the week.
Manage Engineering Activities
- Coordinate the engineering activities across the APU(S).
- Define and request resources to best meet plant engineering needs.
- Coordinate work with P1 engineers on new launches to ensure that cost and timing targets are met.
- Ensure that all APUs follow VPS principles including KanBan, SMED, TPM, JIT, etc.
- Participate in problem solving groups with QRQC methodology, in order to reduce scrap and technical issues on the production line, reduces machine breakdown, improve ergonomics on working stations, improve process in production and logistics.
Manage continuous improvement
- Lead daily APU QRQC (Safety, Quality, Direct Labor efficiency, Maintenance).
- Lead workstation ergonomics risk analysis and elimination.
- Lead everyday genba activities with his or her team, as TOP 3 issues countermeasures review as for KOSU.
- Lead and review action plans to improve SQCDM performance (actual and targets).
- Responsible for Customer Line Return analysis and solving for products from his or her APU in front of customers.
- Manage the VPS deployment plan and P-30 of his or her APU, ensuring that there are permanently VPS workshops ongoing to improve its APU(s), challenged by him or her.
- Promote the 5 axes in the daily activities, set and reach 5 axes targets of your APU(s).
- Propose APU lay out evolutions to simplify flows.
- Prepare budget proposal (including training actions, investments).
- Manage the budget of his or her APU and allocates the appropriate resources in respect with the budget perimeter. Implement necessary corrective actions for compliance.
Contribute to successful new projects
- Involved in the industrialization of new projects (before end phase 2), FPDRs and SOPs and facilitate by his or her actions proper startups.
- Validate the Lean Process Design Checklist for new projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Management, or Quality.
- Minimum of 9 years within the automotive industry.
- Experience in managers supervision of at least 3 years.
- Experience in mass production of at least 2 years.
- Experience in engineering, by education or by previous experience.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations with extensive demonstrable managerial skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a team oriented setting.
- Thorough understanding of and experience in the implementation of lean systems is required.
Product Quality Assurance