To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
S45 W29290 Wisconsin 59
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Generac • Waukesha, WI
Posted 12 days ago
Generac Power Systems – Work with the leader in the power industry! Our corporate headquarters in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineering Intern for our Engineering Standards team.
Generac’s Intern position is responsible for working with other engineers to fulfill special design requests on our products. The intern will work with standards designer to document revised or new Engineering Standards and Products Definition. Under supervision of a standards Project Manager or Designer, the intern will create definitions of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D cross sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly and service. Additionally intern will also create general and configured product drawings and templates as well as make changes to BOM's in ERP system in. He/She will work with cross functionally to establish best practices for engineering.
This position reports to the Sr. Engineering Manager.Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research interpret and apply various industry standards (ANSI, ISO, NFPA, SAE, ASTM, JIS and others) to Generac environment.
- Interface with internal company personnel to establish design standard and engineering procedures.
- Work with Engineering Lab to create, review, release and publish engineering test procedures.
- Utilize CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Review BOMs and make changes through the ECN process.
- Support Service and General engineering with processing nonstandard aftermarket designs.
- Support VC (Variant Configurator) group with processing and testing configured new material releases and changes.
- Support project plans (schedule, meeting inputs/outputs).
- Provide technical support for assigned projects.
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a BS degree (preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Engineering).
- Understanding or working knowledge of Creo, Solidworks, and/or AutoCAD experience.
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Microsoft Office experience (including Excel).
- The ability to work a minimum of 15 - 20 hours a week during the school year and full time during school breaks
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.