To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Maria, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Process Safety Management Specialist - Santa Maria Refinery
Phillips 66 • Santa Maria, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
Science, Management, Insurance
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Description: The Process Safety Management Specialist is accountable for timely preparation of documents and reports and execution of tasks related to Process Safety Information (PSI); Process Hazards Analyses (PHAs) including Facility Siting studies; Management of Change (MOC); and the Risk Management Plan (RMP) for the Santa Maria Refinery. Will work in a team-based environment focused on the management of risk and Process Safety for the continuous improvement of elements and systems contributory to the safety of refinery workers and the general public.
Responsibilities may include:
• Managing Health, Safety, Environmental and Regulatory programs, including Process Safety Management, Risk Management Program, Phillips 66 HSE Management System, and Phillips 66 HSE Excellence Process Assessment
• Collecting and evaluating Health, Safety and Environmental data to verify compliance and maintain databases to ensure compliance with Corporate, Federal, California State, and San Luis Obispo County PSM/RMP Regulatory requirements
• Providing guidance and direction for the Facility’s HSE programs and maintaining recordkeeping for those programs
• Consulting and providing information to refinery departments with respect to HSE programs
• Developing, maintaining and providing interpretation of PSM related procedures
• Managing the administration of the HSE Management System to ensure that established Facility, Refining Division, Corporate, local, regional, State, and Federal requirements are met or surpassed
• Supervising the maintenance of HSEMS documentation, training and communicating HSEMS requirements, and coordinating annual evaluations
• Coordinating the execution of Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), including the use of Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) methodology, and audits such as PSM, RMP, HS / MS, and PS&MI
• Stewarding and auditing the sites MOC program utilizing the KMS software system
• Stewarding the closure of all PHA related audit Findings, audit Action Items, Regulatory Compliance Action Items, and Root Cause Analysis Action Items.
• Communicating non-compliance with HSE Programs to appropriate Refinery Supervisors for action
• Evaluating requirements and preparing Corporate and Facility HSE metrics, Process Safety metrics, and Compliance Verification reports.
• Actively participating on network teams such as the Process Safety Network, interacting with Corporate and other company facilities to coordinate and implement Corporate HSE Required Standards at the Facility and ensure that Corporate goals are met
• Coordinating facility Risk Management Program (RMP) and maintaining RMP Plan
• Performing other projects as assigned by the SFR Process Safety Director
• Legally authorized to work in job posting country
• Associate’s degree
• Bachelor’s degree in HSE, Chemical Engineering, or relevant field
• Understanding of HSE regulations and standards
• Experience in specialized software programs (PHA-Pro, KMS, IMPACT, Livelink, SAP)
• Understanding of refining operations, procurement, HSE, and/or experience
• Ability to influence others and negotiate to resolution, works as a team player
• Demonstrated planning and execution skills to meet deadlines
• Previous experience in PHA's, LOPA, MOC’s, Root-Cause Analysis and other HSE related programs
At Phillips 66, while 'what' we do may be very different from person to person, there's a 'how' that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared 'how' that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all. Keys to Success
• Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
• Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
• Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
• Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
• Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results The 1,780-acre Santa Maria Refinery, adjacent to State Highway 1 on the Nipomo Mesa, has been in operation for more than 50 years. Only about 200 acres of the land are used for company operations. The remainder is grazed by cattle, held as open space or used as a preservation area for wildlife and the Nipomo Lupine, which grows nowhere else in the world. An important part of California's energy infrastructure, the refinery processes about 48,000 barrels of crude per day. The facility is also an important part of the local economy, employing 140 full-time workers. We continuously invest to improve the facility and keep up with current technologies in public and environmental safety. The semi-refined liquid products (gas oil and pressure distillate) produced at the facility are shipped by pipeline to the Rodeo Refinery for finish processing into the cleanest, highest quality transportation fuels in the world. Petroleum coke (carbon) is shipped to customers by truck and rail. Sulfur is shipped by truck to customers in the agricultural industry. Major Products: Gas Oil, Pressure Distillate, Petroleum Coke, Sulfur Capacities: Crude oil processing: 48,000 BPD
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit _www.phillips66.com_ at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter _@Phillips66Co_ .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 30, 2019.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 50558
Department: Santa Maria Refinery
Location: United States - California - Santa Maria
Job Field: Engineering
Job ID: 50558
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.