Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, an international law firm, is actively recruiting a Practice Technology Trainer. This position provides training, coaching, and support to individuals and legal teams to optimize their utilization of technology. Establishes an understanding of practice-specific processes and individual user needs in order to prepare and deliver focused training and coaching support.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Participates in and supports the Technology Coaching program by a) establishing excellent working relationships with lawyers and staff; b) helping them acquire/maintain the skills necessary to optimize their utilization of firm technology; and c) employing firm best-practices to achieve a higher level of performance for routine tasks, and thereby enhancing client service.
2. Conducts new hire onboarding, provides advanced coaching and classroom instruction for attorneys, professional staff, peers, IT Support Center Coordinators and other IT personnel.
3. Monitors the satisfaction and utilization of technology of assigned attorneys and staff and provides reports and action plans to Sr. Technology Training/Staff Professional Development Manager.
4. Maintains a high-level of competency utilizing the firm's applications (Microsoft Office, iManage DMS, etc.), technologies (workstations, remote access, mobile devices, printers, phones, etc.) policies, procedures, best-practices, and knowledge-bases.
5. Becomes subject matter expert in assigned firm-wide and practice specific software.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years' experience learning/developing/teaching/supporting technology applications required, including internships, preferably in a law firm, professional services, or other client relationship-based organization.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Accurate typing, strong word processing skills, ability to generate a large volume of work and pay strict attention to detail. Excellent communication skills. Spelling, punctuation and use of grammar must be of high quality. Must exercise initiative in problem solving and be capable of making sound decisions in the absence of clear instructions and be multiple task oriented. Ability to maintain flexibility regarding work assignments and flexibility to work overtime on short notice required. Ability to work well under pressure, patience, diplomacy, high stress tolerance, excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing conditions. Visual acuity needed for transcription, extensive reading and input (typing) of information into computer. Ability to receive and convey detailed information through oral communication. Essential competency processes include language ability, reasoning and memory. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to proficiently perform each of the responsibilities and accountabilities described above, with or without reasonable accommodation.
EEO/drug-free workplace/E-Verify participant/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP here.
The information offered on this site does not constitute an express or implied contract, and may be modified or revoked without notice at the discretion of Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Communications