Collection Technology Specialist (Webscraper)
JTG is currently seeking an experienced Collection Technology Specialist (Webscraper) to support an Intelligence Community customer in the Northern Virginia area. The Collection Technology Specialist is responsible for utilizing provided tools and following developed instructions and tradecraft.
Location: Reston, VA
* Download, collect, and format data acquired from publicly accessible web sources to determine structure and data findings
* Send formatted results to a designated ingest point (e.g. an S3 bucket or email address)
* Work closely with a Translator or Exploitation Specialist to satisfy specific webscraping requests
* US Citizenship
* Understanding of HTML principles, some scripting, and API pulls
* Experience processing foreign language text using Unicode standards
* Attention to detail, and ability to learn new skills
* Ability to find creative solutions to problems and needs while processing large amounts of information
* Strong organizational skills as a contributor to a virtual team
* Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* 1-3 years of related experience
* Educational degree from an accredited institution
* Professional working fluency in a foreign language
* Prior experience with HLT, CAT, and machine translation tools
* Prior training or coursework in metadata, webs and text analytics, and data management
This position reports to the Task Manager.
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Attention To Detail
- Data Analysis