CHENEGA INFINITY, LLC
Company Job Title:
Armed Security Officer
Chenega Job Title:
Guard II, Armed
SCA WD Labor Category:
Site Program Manager
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
- The Armed Security Officer (ASO) meets the local, state, and federal requirements to perform duties as an armed officer. The primary duties of the ASO may include but are not limited to: first response to emergencies; enforcing federal law and assimilated state law; conducting mobile patrols, inspections and searches; conducting traffic enforcement and traffic investigations; initiating detention and transporting persons; perform protective service work such as guarding US Secret Service (USSS) owned or leased buildings and property; protecting USSS equipment and material; controlling access to USSS installations by employees, visitors, and residents; and other duties as assigned. The ASO is armed with a side arm, shotgun, or other weapons as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Will arrive at work in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment.
- Will be required to exercise force up to and including deadly force.
- Will participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions.
- Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned.
- Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to orders.
- Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel.
- Will provide access control, traffic control and conduct walking and motorized armed security functions.
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.
- Will follow applicable standard operating procedures and FLETC regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, USSS property and equipment.
- Will conduct personnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcel inspections.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays if needed.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a full time employee of a civilian law enforcement agency, military police, or government or civilian security guard organization or
- Must be previously fully commissioned by an accredited law enforcement agency or possess a Diploma or Certificate as a graduate of a Federal, State, local or military service approved/recognized basic law enforcement or a physical security academy.
- Minimum of one (1) year of specialized experience directly related to the work performed in physical security or law enforcement.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must obtain and maintain a favorable Tier 4a/Background Investigation (BI) and favorable SF85P: Questionnaire for Public Trust.
- Must satisfactorily qualify with a 9 mm semi-auto pistol handgun annually.
- Must satisfactorily complete a contract required semi-annual Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) test.
- Must complete and successfully pass the FLETC Active Shooter Threat Training Program (ASTTP).
- Must satisfactorily pass initial and random drug testing.
- Must satisfactorily pass initial psychological testing.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, including a background check to determine if applicant has been convicted of “Crimes Against Household Member” or any “Domestic Violence Act,” and who would be in violation of Federal Law, State Law or the Lautenberg Amendment, and therefore shall not be eligible for employment. Must satisfactorily pass initial psychological testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Must have proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Must be able to pass a Physical Efficiency Battery at 25th percentile as dictated by the client prior to employment and at least annually thereafter.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.