Pay starts at $16.21
Move the freight that moves the world forward.
At XPO Logistics, one of the world’s leading logistics and transportation companies, we provide the solutions that organizations around the globe count on. As a Dock Worker, you’ll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. You’ll work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry and how to bring out your best. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to succeed with strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally)
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Enter Shipment Information