To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge Township, NJ 07001
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Linux Engineer - VMware, Storage
Kforce Technology • Woodbridge Township, NJ
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's client, a growing technology firm located in Woodbridge, New Jersey is seeking a Senior Linux Engineer - VMware, Storage.
This is a highly visible that reports to the senior executive in the firm. The Senior Linux System Engineer (SE) is responsible for the design, implementation, engineering and administration of Linux computing systems hardware, software and storage infrastructure supporting a 24x7 mission-critical environment. These systems are core components of IT infrastructure supporting a large e-Commerce website, plant operations, delivery logistics and general business services. The position provides senior-level system administration support for our e-Commerce & Logistics website and associated applications and systems.
- Architecting systems infrastructure solutions to deliver business applications and contenting to customers at low latency and high throughput
- Designing, implementing and supporting Linux computing systems hardware and software infrastructure using the following service models: on premise, co-location data center facility
- Application Service Provider (ASP), managed hosted, SaaS cloud, PaaS cloud, IaaS cloud and hybrid
- Providing system architecture, implementation, system administration, troubleshooting and operational supporting for an e-Commerce & Logistics website environment
- MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related, or foreign equivalent, plus 2 years of related systems administration/engineering experience, or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related or foreign equivalent, plus minimum 6 years of related systems administration/engineering experience
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Oracle Linux certification preferred
- VMware Certified Professional preferred, Cisco Data Center (UCS) certification, preferred
- Citrix Networking - NetScaler certification preferred
- HP Storage certification is preferred
- Red Hat 4,5,6, Centos 4,5, SuSe 9/10/11 and Oracle Linux 5 - 7
- Virtualization technology: VMware (vCenter, vSphere 4-6 and ESX 4 - 6)
Key items and Nice to have list:
- Unix/Linux Distribution
- VMware 5,6
- SolarWinds NPM, SAM, SRM, STM, VMAN, DPM
- Alert Logic log manager, threat manager
- Puppet, Foreman, Katello, Red Hat Satellite
- Unitrends Backup
- Manhattan associates, Intelligrated, Ware house management application
- Akamai dns
- Citrix NetScaler
- Storage System (IBM, EMC, HP)
- DR Solution
- Cisco Products- UCS, MDS
- WebLogic, Tomcat
- NetScaler, F5 Load Balancing
- Windows 2008/2012
- Hadoop /SAS data warehouse
Please note that you are not required to know everything listed on this position.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.