POSITION: Assistant Real Estate Manager
This position offers you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience in property management with the largest wholesale data center provider in the world. As Assistant Real Estate Manager, you will report directly to the Real Estate Manager, where you will make an impact on virtually all aspects of the management of this assigned portfolio. You will leverage your in-depth experience to assist with a variety of financial and operational responsibilities including financial reporting, budgeting, accruals, property inspections and customer ticket requests. We are proactive about helping our people grow and develop, and as Digital Realty continues to grow, we'll be looking for proven players to move up.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, accounting or finance, preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years of related experience in commercial property management and financial reporting with bachelor's degree; or three to five years of related experience in commercial property management and financial reporting if no bachelor's degree.
- A proven track record of providing superior customer service.
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principles and the ability to analyze financial statements. You'll also have experience with financial reporting, accruals, and budgeting,
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity and experience with Yardi or a similar property management software program.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, including the capability to create complex financial and business related documents.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume workplace.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and detail orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Property / Construction accounting background are preferred. Data center experience would be a plus.
- Rudimentary knowledge/understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
You will also receive a smartphone to monitor and respond to customer tickets and requests when you are off-site.
Reporting to the Real Estate Manager, as the Assistant Real Estate Manager, you will work to support your supervisor in all aspects of management for the assigned portfolio, with a specific focus on the financial piece. You will play a key role assisting and supporting the operations and financial responsibilities of the properties within the portfolio, providing various financial reports and accruals, re-forecasts, budgeting and reconciliations.
Managing our customer ticketing system and conducting property walk-through inspections will also be a central component to this role. Additionally, we’ll look to you to help organize tenants’ events and oversee other special event coordination as needed.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports, including accruals, journal entries, heavy financial reporting.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Respond to customer requests and needs; coordinate efforts with Property Management and Technical Operation teams to resolve issues.
- Oversee selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of requests for proposal and service agreements; monitor vendor performance against service level agreements.
- Schedule and facilitate maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain and enhance the assigned property portfolio.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations team for the assigned portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Document and track all certificates of insurance from vendors and customers.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent information for vendors and customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Keys to Success
To excel in this role, you’ll need to have an outstanding ability to work under pressure and shift priorities quickly, depending on the current needs of the business. This is a fast-paced environment where you may be called upon to produce a report or work on a new task with a tight deadline, but we’re looking for a professional who excels in this type of environment, and takes pride in their abilities to work under pressure and multi-task.
Additionally, in order to be an outstanding Assistant Real Estate Manager, you will be a team player, and have an easygoing and adaptable personality. We have a close-knit team at our office, so we’re really looking for someone who can come in, and seamlessly become a part of our group right off the bat. You’ll enjoy taking part in our team building events, group lunches and much more.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.