To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Operations Manager - Asilomar Hotel & Conference Grounds
Aramark • Pacific Grove, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
The Operations Manager will assist the Director in the daily operations of the property in cooperation with the Culinary team, F&B, Front office, Housekeeping and Guest Service, Retail manager. The Operations Manager has responsibility to propose standards, identify service deficiencies and define work and training programs around improving and maintaining service levels. The Operations Manager will work in cooperation with Director of Operations in maintaining a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship with the California State Parks. The Operations Manager will support the director of operations in programs that promote effectiveness and efficiencies in account retention. Directs management and supervision of unit service staff in relation to Lodging, F&B, Culinary, Safety/Guest Service. Activities include providing direction, on-the-job training and continuing guidance to the Operation staff. The manager always assures that the quantity and quality of the work meets established standard. The Operations Manager will work to coordinate all departments for improved efficiencies and will work in concert with Finance to provide labor metrics and accurate forecasting processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resourceful in initiating and driving revenue.
- Recommends system and process on how to control expenses.
- Recommends a system and process to control labor to include regular, OT, meal breaks, sales per labor hour and wage per FTE.
- Partner with the Director of Operations in the attainment of financial goals for the component.
- Recommends capital requirement to maximize financial returns.
- Proficiency in using the Performance Management Dashboard.
- Ensures Purchasing Compliance. Monitors Inventory per weeks on hand.
- Manages the handling of cash in cooperation with our cash handling policy and finance department guidelines.
2. Client and Customer Satisfaction
- Recommends standards, trains service staff and hold team accountable for service standards. Ensures that all employees demonstrate positive hospitality practices in relation to internal and external guests.
- Maintains a communication flow that is effective, accurate and timely within the operations department.
- Participate in client facing events to include but not limited to site tours, site inspections, sales meetings, outside sales functions, community involvement groups, and various functions hosted by local community or hospitality related associations.
3. Program Quality and Standards
- Implements programs on all levels within the operation in accordance with property, corporate and division standards.
- Participates in determining gaps in performance and taking action to improve employee, guest and client interactions.
- Implements the standards and initiatives according to Aramark guidelines and Standards of Operation.
- Provides guidance in the development and growth of the staff via direct training and direct involvement to include additional assignments.
- Partners and works with operations team develop and implement appropriate operations standards.
4. Business Growth and Marketing
- Implement training initiatives.
5. Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Demonstrates and promotes Aramark Corporate culture, values and management philosophy.
- Demonstrates a proactive and enthusiastic attitude in striving for and meeting component's business goals and objectives.
- Recognizes the need for and demonstrates good communication and listening skills with clients, customers, and employees.
- Promotes teamwork within the component.
- Provides continuous feedback on performance and applies appropriate developmental tools to assist in individual growth; using the Coaching model to improve performance.
- Represents the Aramark Corporation both professionally and ethically at all times.
- Interfaces proactively as needed with all support departments (such as HR, Safety, Marketing, Purchasing) to obtain best results for all concerned.
- Has a presence at all substantial event to ensure client satisfaction.
6. Operations Management
- Conducts and attends weekly Operations Meeting.
- Coordinates and interfaces the operations, procedures, and processes for front of the house and back of the house.
- Oversees the execution of Aramark's service and sanitation standards for all departments.
- Maintains effective client relations and customer satisfaction.
- Hires, trains and develops managers and hourly supervisors and employees to meet staff and planning needs.
- Promotes good employee relations, engages in effective labor relations practices; proactively handles labor relations issues.
- Implements and monitors Aramark's safety programs.
- Interprets and ensures compliance with Aramark policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as applicable government, regulatory and/or accrediting agency standards & codes.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- A four-year college degree or associates degree in an area of Food Service, Hospitality, Facilities or Business Management or equivalent experience.
- Operations experience at the managerial/supervisory level.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and other data.
- Ability to train, develop, and mentor direct reports.
- Planning, organizing, and effective time management skills.
- General business acumen.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- General management skills.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Hospitality orientation.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Has a passion for quality food and outstanding service.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran