Responsible for an assigned portfolio of loan and deposit relationships with small business clients. Solicit new business; manage risk and credit decisions; and service existing clients through the bank's relationship management program. Work with branch partners to effectively sell to the business customer and cross-sell other bank products.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop new banking relationships with business prospects. Service existing business banking client base. Achieve established goals as outlined by manager.
- Work with branch partners to maximize sales efforts to business customers and cross sell other products and services that the bank offers. Network with centers of influence to develop business including accountants, attorneys and other referral sources.
- Evaluate credit information and requests and recommend appropriate loan structure to manage risk. Effectively negotiate with underwriters and clients to maximize revenue and minimize risk.
- Achieve sales goals with minimum expectations as follows:
- Revenue of $150M to $4000M.
- Loan production of $4MM to $8MM.
- Deposit balance production of $400M to $2MM.
- Manage loan portfolio of $7.5MM to $20MM.
- Oversee approximately 15 to 40 relationship managed clients.
- Actively participate in all business banking and retail sales sprints. Achieve call targets and other product sales goals such cash management, visa merchant, and others as assigned. Participate in civic and cultural organizations and programs. Utilize prescribed selling techniques to maximize sales opportunities.
Ability to sell effectively to prospects and clients. Manage and retain existing clients.
Work closely with internal contacts to service clients.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant work experience
3 plus years experience.Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge of personal computers and the software utilized by the department
Ability to read and analyze financial statements and tax returns.
Sound credit skills necessary to evaluate loan requests.
Good understanding of Cash Management, Merchant Service, Trade Services products offered to Business Banking customers and ability to identify sales opportunities for those product sets.
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R03727
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
M&T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, M&T Bank provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to consumer, business and government clients.
- One of the 20 largest U.S.-based commercial banks
- $123 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015
- 3.8 million customers
- 17,000+ team members
- 800+ domestic full-service branches
- 1,600+ ATMs
- Online banking (mtb.com) and mobile devices
We’re headquartered in Buffalo NY, and we are organized around 17 community bank regions lead by local regional presidents. This means decisions about loans and community activities are made locally, by the people in the bank who know the community best.
Of the largest 100 banks operating in 1983, only 23 remain today. Among the remaining, M&T ranks 1st in stock price growth.
M&T has been profitable for 158 consecutive quarters—more than 39 straight years.
View the full profile