CANCER CENTER (IN-CANC-IUINA) Department Information
The Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in Indiana and one of just 51 in the nation. The comprehensive designation recognizes the IU Simon Cancer Center's added depth and breadth of basic science and clinical research as well as population and prevention studies, education activities, and community outreach across the state. Job Summary
The IU Simon Cancer Center is seeking an experienced Data Analyst. This position will collaborate with IU Simon Cancer Center (IUSCC) and Komen Tissue Bank (KTB) administrative staff, principal investigators and their teams within the Cancer Center, research personnel, and various representatives within the Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute/IU School of Medicine/IU Health to determine requirements for the design and development of software solutions to support various data analytics, quality, and metric reporting. Project management skills will be essential in keeping the application development on track and maintaining appropriate priorities. This position will often work independently from other application developers, and in those cases must oversee the entire life cycle of application development and provide regular progress reports to the clients. This position must interact effectively with internal infrastructure groups to leverage the resources required to meet the technical needs of the projects. Knowledge of IU's data classifications is essential, along with applicable federal/state/university regulations and policies pertaining to protected health information.
This position will perform report development, data analytics, quality assurance, data visualization, and data validation. This role utilizes an in-depth knowledge of organizational system usage and an understanding of system build, workflows, and patterns of use to design, write, validate, and modify reports that meet the needs of the Cancer Center community. Some database maintenance and modification will be necessary. This position requires the ability to learn and become proficient with the OnCore clinical trial management system and specifically the unique instance implemented at IU to be able to serve the data needs of the organization. It will also require an in depth knowledge of the business systems used at KTB and IUSCC to be able to provide the administrative data needs of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree in informatics, information technology, healthcare information technology or other field with an information technology enhanced degree such as healthcare finance, business, or science and two years of professional experience. Combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- Design, develop, program, test, and maintain complex operational and analytical solutions leveraging SQL, iReport, JasperReports, database enabled websites, Tableau, and other reporting technologies.
- Gather and document functional and technical data analysis requirements and translate requirements into database, reporting, and visualization solutions. Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses to ensure solutions meet client needs and are compliant with appropriate data compliance requirements. Work with vendors to understand code changes and/or upgrades that will impact solutions and modify/test as such.
- Create technical documentation of solution logic, processes, and overall summary. Create test case documentation and ensure accurate and complete testing. Document status and completion of requested solutions and maintain centralized listing of solution needs and priorities.
- Build, modify, maintain additional databases in a compliant manner to support data needs.
- Guide other staff as appropriate in report writing best practices for self-developed reporting. Support end-user community in the use of tools to query databases. Develop and assist with solution training through the development of training tools and training of key staff.
Knowledge of relational database structure. Ability to write efficient SQL queries to extract data. Ability to write stored procedures. Ability to analyze, visualize, and communicate data findings, data analysis for data quality assurance, and building and formatting user friendly reports. Able to program web based reports that connect to enterprise databases (requires knowledge of at least one programming language such as php, .net, Python, Java, R, etc.). Interpersonal skills to interview customers during requirements gathering phase. Project management experience, including document requirements, processes, deficiencies, test cases. Preferred Qualifications
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation. Work Location
Indianapolis, Indiana Job Classification
Salary Plan: PAE
Salary Grade: 3IT
Job Function: Information Technology Posting Disclaimer
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but it will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date. Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. URL blocked - click to apply
Lamp (Software Bundle)
Java (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Java Script (Programming Language)
Php (Scripting Language)
Sql (Programming Language)