To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilmington, DE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Navient • Wilmington, DE
Posted 9 days ago
Navient has a great opportunity for an Accountant I. The Accountant I will support the Controller in providing fiscal control for all income and expenditures. Specific responsibilities include: General Ledger entries, reconciliations, and reporting support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all general ledger reconciliations, ensuring timely completion and clearing of open items
- Perform daily cash reconciliations for key accounts
2. General Ledger Support
- Responsible for booking of local general ledger entries
- Assist with monthly accrual process and month-end close
- Assist with preparation of the monthly reporting
- Assist with preparation of the Annual Audited Financial Statements
- Assist in the preparation of other regulatory reporting
- Work with subsidiaries to develop procedures and timing for external billing and recording of revenue
- Monitor billing for accuracy and consistency with agreements
5. Project Work
- Assist and/or execute on various projects as requested by management
- Assist in the set-up of the bank including: procedures, policy, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 0-2 years general accounting experience including reconciliations, accruals, and general ledger entries
- Industrial Bank or Financial Services experience a plus
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of database and accounting systems software (Peoplesoft)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, analytical and detail-oriented skills
- Ability to work with shifting priorities with tight deadlines