To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
PO Box 16052
Reading, PA 19612
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse - Psych Emergency Services - Weekends
Reading Hospital • Reading, PA
Posted 1 month ago
About the Unit:
The Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) unit is a specialized, secure unit within the emergency department performing assessments, stabilization and dispositions to patients in acute mental health crisis. Patients of all ages are assessed by highly skilled RNs in collaboration with Mental Health Consultants to determine treatment needs. Patients ca be admitted for inpatient treatment of referred to an outpatient provider. The PES sees approximately 450 patients per month.
This position is scheduled for weekends only (Saturdays and Sundays) The position is benefit eligible and you would be awarded 3 weekends off per year. You would receive $7.50/hr as an incentive on top of your base rate for working the weekend shifts.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Magnet designated
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- An Associate Degree from an accredited school of Nursing
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous RN experience, preferred