Job Number: 2139285
Job Title: Ocean Clerk
Location: El Segundo, CA
Compensation: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
Job Title Responsibilities:
- Perform standard ocean operation, custom brokerage operation, and customer service cycles, A-Z
- Coordinate and communicate daily ocean operation activities internally and externally
- Perform vendor invoice cost approval with accuracy and coordinate with vendors
- Establish, update SOP, organize new/existing customer profiles and coordinate with rates adjustment
- Provide in-house customer support and quotes, both internal and external
- Organize POA's and customs documentation
- Comply with all import/export regulations and documentation ruled by various US Government agencies
- Report and coordinate with cargo claim process and filing
Job Title Requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience working with ocean operations
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Bilingual Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese
- Must be proficient in Excel and be able to type 50 WPM
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
For more than 45 years, we've been passionate about helping people find jobs they love - rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. With Nelson, you'll get the most out of your career. Together, we'll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com http://www.nelsonjobs.com/ and click "Find Work."
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: Nelson_2139285
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
For more than 45 years, we’ve been passionate about helping people find jobs they love – rewarding jobs that further career goals. At Nelson, we partner with companies that have outstanding reputations. Working with innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies, our skilled recruiters have access to opportunities beyond what you can find on your own. Not Ready To Apply?
View the full profile
With Nelson, you’ll get the most out of your career. Together, we’ll set career goals and find you a position where your skills shine. Whether you are looking for a position in: accounting & finance, administration, computer gaming, digital media, engineering, human resources, legal, light industrial, manufacturing, or technology, Nelson helps place people in full-time, temporary, temp-to-hire, project, and contract positions. For a full listing of jobs, go to: www.nelsonjobs.com and click “Find Work.”