Come work with a great team in Clinton, Maryland! Signet Health manages the behavioral health services for Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital Center (MSMHC) and has an opening for a Director of Nursing. Signet Health offers a competitive compensation package with insurance - medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k, generous PTO.
We are also offering a substantial Sign-On Bonus!
Reports to the Executive Director of Inpatient Psychiatry.
- Responsible for creating and supporting patient first culture that fosters a high level of patient satisfaction as demonstrated by outcomes data.
- Creates a professional atmosphere and an environment of coaching and development that supports shared governance/shared decision making and a high level of employee satisfaction as evidenced by outcomes data.
- Collaborates with physicians and staff to champion patient care and quality services.
- Assists with patient care by establishing and/or monitoring the techniques, policies and procedures used by those who deliver care.
- Collaborates with university affiliates to promote nursing and patient care services at MSMHC as a model for patient care, education and research.
- Utilizing the Performance Improvement framework develops and implements strategies to ensure that clinical and administrative outcomes are achieved and sustained.
- Participates in workforce planning and employment decisions.
- Selects top talent, matching organizational needs with appropriate experience.
- Manages performance through rewards, recognition, coaching and corrective action.
- Provides mentor-ship and career counseling to aspiring clinicians and leaders so that they may develop required skills (succession planning).
- Responsible and accountable for annual budget. Synthesizes activities such as assimilation of raw data, compilation of statistics and control of fiscal and production activities for the process of budgetary analysis and development.
- Establishes and allocates staff resources in accordance with regulatory guidelines utilizing patient acuity and budgetary indicators as primary benchmarks.Understands, articulates and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Accepts accountability for services through which direct nursing care is given, including, day-to-day unit operations, staff competencies and standards of care, achievement of clinical and administrative policies, mandates and projects.
- Promotes a public image of excellence at MSMHC through marketing and promotion of nursing through professional communication, presentations and publication and membership on a local/regional or national committee.
- Supports, designs and monitors the development and implementation of hospital-wide patient and employee safety initiatives.
- Master's degree in Nursing..
- Five years nurse management experience preferably in psychiatric services.
- Current and unencumbered State of Maryland RN license or be eligible for endorsement.
- Certification in area of psychiatric nursing and/or certification in nursing administration by a nationally recognized nursing organization is desirable, but not required.
- Career Counseling
- Clinical Works
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Decision Making