This open Programmer Analyst position that Robert Half Technology is looking to fill is ideal for someone with a mastery of software and applications programming and industry requirements who can apply that knowledge to establish and define systems scope and objectives. You would provide guidance on developing or altering applications or databases, employing research and fact-finding techniques. Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, this is a long-term temporary Programmer Analyst employment opportunity you do not want to miss.
- Builds dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst, and ensures they are up to date
- Assists internal clients with applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Provides consultation that can include troubleshooting and/or education
- Helps create communication content for certain system changes being implemented in production
- Reviews user requests for changes or improvements to systems. Records functional requirements and analyzes cost, feasibility and utility. Makes suggestions regarding how, when and whether to make the changes
- Reviews and documents code problems, working with other programmers to correct them
- Build and evaluate programming changes prior to implementation for each systems development phase. Record test cases and expected outcomes. Ensure that requirements are met. May create simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May suggest acceptance/rejection in cases where not all requirements are met
- Evaluates methods of processing. Makes suggestions for improvements
- Trains and assists end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process, on an ongoing basis
For immediate consideration please send resumes to Email blocked - click to apply
- SQL experience required
- Solid understanding of SAS
- Strong project planning and management tasks, business systems support functions and project costing techniques
- General knowledge of mainframe hardware/software and PC operations required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Proficiency in programming languages
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at Phone number blocked - click to apply to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Systems Development Life Cycle