You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Bilingual HR Generalist
Reporting to the HR Manager, this position provides day-to-day support to line supervisors, and employees by providing interpretation and guidance on the application of, policies, procedures, collective bargaining agreements (if applicable), FMLA/ADA and other established practices and procedures. The HR Generalist is responsible for the translation of human capital implications to support overall business objectives like change initiatives, building and retaining a high-performing culture and talent excellence. Must be available to support all operating shifts directly or indirectly where required.
- Provide guidance and advice on the interpretation and application of established employment policies, procedures, and practices.
- Work collaboratively with other HR staff and line managers to resolve employee issues that arise due to policy interpretations, procedural issues, job performance concern, time off, harassment concerns, and other employee related issues.
- Administer and support talent management programs and HR initiatives that require field implementation and facilitation to ensure adherence to standards and consistency in application.
- Manage the Talent Acquisition lifecycle process for hourly production employees, including but not limited to posting, sourcing, and managing the candidate experience.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State legislation related to all human resources matters.
- Fosters effective relationships with external vendors to administer effective employee programs.
- Assist in the implementation and administration of a robust communications plan.
- Manage the administration of FMLA/ADA compliance for the facility.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and recommend changes to policies, practices, and procedures required to ensure compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Flexibility on covering second shift is required
- A degree in Human Resources, related field along with progressive experience.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource practices with expertise in talent acquisition, FMLA/ADA, new hire orientation and on-boarding.
- Demonstrated experience in providing proactive solutions to human resource issues.
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations investigations in collective bargaining agreements is preferred.
- Exercise good judgment in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose problems, develops alternative solutions, and recommend and implement an effective course of action.
- Ability to influence and build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group settings, and foster an open, honest and trusting environment, concisely, both in writing and verbally, and to actively listen while gathering information.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
- Proficiency in systems, Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Effective verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills required.
- Polish speaking is a plus.
- Work is generally performed within a business environment at a plant location, with standard office equipment available. This position may be required to walk in a food manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.
- Business Planning
- Collective Bargaining
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g7yuksp
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.