D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
DHI Communities is a multifamily development division of D.R. Horton, Inc.
DHI Communities is currently looking for a Multifamily-Staff Accountant. The right candidate will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Assist in maintaining budgets and projected costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review SG&A expenses and provide coding
- Review employee expense reimbursements for accuracy and appropriate documentation
- Review job costs for budget variances, cost code errors, and other posting errors on invoices, etc.
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly budget reporting
- Review job cost invoices and pay applications
- Assist in reconciliation of contracted job cost as necessary
- Conduct monthly close procedures and assist in preparation of closing journal entries, ensuring that deadlines are met
- Assist in vendor setup for non-contracted costs
- Compile, match and enter payment information related to pay applications
- Review Purchase Card transactions and related supporting documentation and provide coding
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Assist in preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review cash receipt journal entries and provide coding
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Other ad hoc analysis, reports and projects as needed by division management.
- Ability to work overtime
- Able to travel overnight
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- Zero to three years of related experience and/or training
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to accurately and efficiently process and record large volumes of data
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2022, 12:00:00 AM
- Big Data
- Microsoft Office
- Accounts Receivable