To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Staples • Santa Rosa, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Position Summary: Responsible for government related consumer sales for identity related products and services. With minimal supervision, the employee performs electronic fingerprinting according to program requirements and is proficient in processing applicant data across program platforms. When not performing primary duties, the employee is also responsible for providing exceptional customer service and driving sales while creating a positive and productive environment for our customers and associates. This person will also be required to walk customers to product, provide answers and solutions to customer questions and be productive during slow customer traffic periods.
General Purpose: Customer Service, Basic selling skills, Front-end operations, Merchandising and retail operating standards.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Pass an IndetoGO background check and drug test
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Deliver top-notch service to every customer, build customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Connect with our customers; understand their needs and present solutions
- Embrace Staples values
- Greet all customers and provide a professional and welcoming experience
- Comfortability with computers in order to perform basic maintenance and troubleshoot issues with fingerprinting and retail equipment, including computer hardware and software
- Obtain successful customer fingerprint images and capture biometric information to meet or exceed program standards
- Verify customer identity and scan required documents into database system
- Successfully complete required biometric and data capture processes and paperwork on each customer
- Demonstrate an understanding of proper procedures for fingerprinting and/or enrolling applicants according to multiple program requirements
- Utilize basic selling skills to properly engage and present solutions to customers
- Contribute to the stores sales goals by offering additional products and services to suit customer needs
- Engage and assist customers with purchasing what they may need or want
- Increase knowledge of sales through timely completion of ongoing training and development
- Assist with maintaining store cleanliness, standards and overall appearance
- Perform front end responsibilities such as cashier, returns, and other various register transactions, reserve online pick up in store and Omni channel utilization
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures & safety standards
- Able to multitask on assorted merchandising planograms, stocking aisles and sales responsibilities
Basic Skills required:
- Able to engage and speak to customers
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Job requires ethics and honesty
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Preferred skills and experience:
Customer service experience in a retail environment
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel requirement, such as:
- Ability to travel locally for activities such as backfill at local enrollment locations, meetings, classes, and workshops.
Working Conditions, such as:
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and vision to operate machinery
Reporting to this person: No direct reports
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.