[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Administrative Assistant (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
LyondellBasell is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant for our legal team with a track record of success for one of the largest and most admired plastics, chemical and refining companies in the world. LyondellBasell is widely recognized within the industry with sales of $44 billion and with 55 manufacturing sites across 5 continents.
The position is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, parking subsidy, and employee discounts. The ideal candidate for this position will be energetic, highly motivated, an exceptional team player and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with attention to detail. The successful candidate in this position will have excellent organizational skills, show initiative to improve current processes and workstreams, possess an outstanding attitude and customer service focus, and will have strong written and verbal communication skills. Due to the sensitivity of the work, a critical aspect of this role will be to maintain confidentiality regarding all daily work activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Report to Practice Group Leader (PGL) and provide administrative support to a group of in-house legal counsel or other team members (as assigned by PGL) in the preparation of various reports and presentations, performing data organization and analysis as needed, and ensure complete accuracy of final work product
• Professionally represent in-house legal counsel and the Legal organization to internal and external stakeholders, and exercise sound judgment in taking initiative on pending action items
• Serve as the coordinator for the Global Labor, Employment, Benefits, Privacy & Records Management (Global LEBPR) team by organizing practice group meetings, keeping minutes of each meeting, tracking open issues/actions, etc.
• Manage and coordinate multiple calendars, TeamShare (SharePoint) sites, Microsoft Teams sites, and project or document libraries
• Maintain strict confidentiality regarding confidential, sensitive and privileged documentation, information and data
• Maintain decorum, discretion, confidentiality and poise that are appropriate for the Legal organization, and keep in-house legal counsel informed of upcoming commitments
• Proactively prepare and deliver regular briefings on key events, meetings, travel and other calendar items
• Coordinate and manage domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries, and prepare/submit expense reports
• Coordinate internal and external meetings (including travel and catering set up and reservations, hotel contracts, prepare agendas, meeting rooms, registration, meeting equipment, recreation, promotional items, billing, and managing outside vendors) both domestically and internationally
• Screen, prioritize and direct phone calls to appropriate persons in the Legal organization or the Company
• Support the planning and coordination of major process, programs, or projects to ensure individual, practice group, and departmental goals are completed on time, and with optimum quality
• Complete word processing, graphical, spreadsheet and database assignments
• Prepare reports and presentations
• Draft correspondence
• Proofread materials
• Organize and maintain file systems and current documents for Global LEBPR, designated in-house counsel, and the Legal organization
• Process and track vendor payments and related expense reports
• Provide support to other groups in the Legal organization (backup) as needed
• Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years of prior, relevant experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree
• A minimum of 2+ years working effectively in high-pressure situations while managing multiple tasks and handling confidential and sensitive information (such as legal, financial or employee data) with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity
• Executive assistance experience preferred
• Requires a degree of independence in completing job responsibilities prior to issue escalation; able to initiate administrative improvements
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate and coordinate workflow assertively and diplomatically at all levels in the organization, especially at the senior management level
• Well-honed organizational skills – manage workflow and projects effectively and timely
• Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time
• Comfortable working independently and making decisions; able to deal with ambiguity
• Proficient experience with Microsoft 365 business tools and secure platforms (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint)
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Administrative Assistant.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Attention To Detail