You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Dietitian - McGuire AFB, NJ
Caring for America's military family.
Matrix Providers serves government agencies with the commitment to improving performance in the government's contracted medical staffing system. Founded in 2010 by Dr. Bill Rivard, a retired Army Colonel, Matrix Providers has achieved an unprecedented 99.4% placement rate despite taking on some of the government's most challenging requirements. Trusted by the Department of Defense, we have consistently received high-quality management and customer service ratings since 2012. With corporate staff covering 4,961 miles and six time zones, we're never far away in time, place, or commitment.
Matrix Providers is hiring a Dietitian to join our team of talented professionals who provide healthcare services to our Military Service Members and their families in McGuire AFB, NJ .
- Employment Status: Full-time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position, paid bi-weekly at a rate of $29.51.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Dietitian must have and meet the following:
Degree/Education: Successfully graduated with a baccalaureate or
Graduate degree from an accredited college or university in a didactic program for dietetics approved by the Commission on Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics Education (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
- Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Experience: Possesses no less than three (3) years of experience in the last five (5) years in health promotion, obesity and weight management, lifestyle counseling, sports nutrition, or nutrition education. Must have experience coordinating and facilitating group health education classes and activities, organizing and implementing outreach events, and working with beneficiaries across the age spectrum.
Board Certification: Must be Board eligible Certified Specialist in
Sports Dietetics (CSSD) or Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight
Management (CSOWM) or Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES).
*Please use provided links for more information on being BE/BC)*
- Licensure/Registration: Current registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Shall have and maintain an active, valid, unrestricted, current license if required. Must be successfully granted provider privileges by the performance location Credentialing Committee and commander and maintain privileges.
- Executes nutrition policy and standardized program requirements for IAW instruction
and guidance established by AF/SG and communicated through AFMSA HP and
the Air Force Associate Chief for Nutrition and Dietetics
- Uses evidence-based principles, practices, and procedures of the science of
dietetics and behavior change and public health environmental theories required
to plan, implement and evaluate Health Promotion (HP) nutrition programs.
- Administers comprehensive nutrition prevention programs, nutrition assessment,
prescriptions, coaching/counseling, and various other health and nutrition
programs/activities that meet the needs of the installation community at large.
- In partnership and collaboration with HP staff, assesses nutrition behaviors,
environment and needs of the beneficiary population using available and
applicable tools; determine/prioritize appropriate installation nutrition priorities
IAW AF HP healthy weight and nutrition goals.
- Employs evidenced-based nutrition methods and behavior change theories in
conjunction with collaborative partners and stakeholders to develop, coordinate,
implement, market, and evaluate comprehensive primary, secondary, and tertiary
nutrition programs and services, as well as other related worksite wellness
programs aimed at nutrition improvement, total force readiness, and disease
prevention/intervention for the targeted population.
- Regularly researches develop/acquires, collects accurate data for, and maintains
materials to implement comprehensive, evidence-based nutrition programs and
services to meet population health priorities and beneficiary needs.
- IAW AF Dietitian Credentials provides Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for
clients across the age and disease spectrum from the MTF at a minimum to
maintain skills and meet requirements to maintain credentials.
- Employs adult learning and behavior change theories (e.g., Motivational Interviewing,
coaching, counseling), and teaching techniques to conduct a variety of individual
and group nutrition and lifestyle interventions.
- Maintains data quality management (e.g., coding, MEPRS) and reporting
requirements in program execution IAW AF instruction and guidance, the Joint
Commission and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
a. Documents nutrition education or medical nutrition therapy IAW
AND Nutrition Care Process, AND Nutrition Care Manual, and other
applicable standards in the electronic health record.
- Serves as the nutrition expert, consultant, and advocate to support a
comprehensive Air Force Fitness Program for the installation.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement , please see To learn more about our Benefits Packages , please see
Matrix Providers endeavors to make accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number,
- Adult Education
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Health Education Specialist
- Customer Service
- Data Quality
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gdaw7pu
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.