Key Requirements: The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, some experience in consulting or client benefits preferred,
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills,
- Ability to step immediately into a direct client contact role,
- Business acumen,
- Demonstrated success as a relationship builder/collaborator,
- Proven learning agility and flexibility,
- Skill in developing ways to communicate information into actionable terms that clients will grasp and be able to act upon,
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse audience of colleagues and clients, and
- Ability and interest to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.