Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Responsible for improving production efficiency through improvements in production processes. Will research and develop new manufacturing technologies to reduce cost, improve safety, reliability and quality. This position is an integral resource for utilization in RIE and for Continuous Improvement. Must be able to work with Operations, Procurement, Sales and Quality to help ensure production and customer needs are met
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for employment of lean manufacturing principles to all product fabrication activities in support of existing production and processes as well as new configuration of existing products.
- Support and lead capital projects to improve safety, production efficiency, and quality.
- Troubleshoot production problems and make recommendations based on thorough analysis; creating necessary drawings of tooling and fixtures used in the production process.
- Drives Engineering related manufacturing changes that improve quality, cost, lead time, etc.
- Provide solutions to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Develop detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Analysis and evaluation of manufacturing methods, equipment and standards.
- Create 3D models and drawings using SolidWorks.
- Gather usage and production information from Styeline (ERP)
- Review drawings created by others for accuracy and consistency with company standards.
- Review of customer specifications for comparison to company standards and capabilities.
- Issue Engineering Change Notices with supporting documentation in accordance with company standards.
- Preparation of final reports and conducting a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data, information, and calculations.
- Takes leadership role in process validation and pilot production activities for new and/or improved equipment and processes.
- Investigates new technologies and options for equipment, design, and assembly.
Skills and Experience
Quality Management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Product Quality Assurance
Computer Aided Design