We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as Alstom, and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in New York.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible to support the local IT Security Service team on various elements of the IT Industrial Security, project execution and system maintenance, with a specific orientation on operation security, including development of industrial secrity requirements.
This list of responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may change, be added to or deleted at any time by manager/supervisor
- Produce the required reports and use Maximo platform to streamline the process for preventative and corrective maintenance
- Support and define proof of concepts for APM IT Security Projects as per best know industrial standards
- Support the different stakeholders in the business unit to accelerate the results of the proof of concept and roll-out
- Lean and develop process components under MS PowerApps, MS Power Automate and Power BI
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information being processed, stored, accessed, or transmitted on the network
- Develop, automate, and support dashboards and database creation for reliability.
- Documents system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Participates in audits of the company's information technology infrastructure by external organizations
- Participates in and contributes to the planning and execution of business continuity and backup, disaster recovery capabilities
- Provides technical support in researching, identifying, evaluating, recommending and/or developing information security systems, controls, methods, techniques, and models
- Contributes to the organization, processes, teams, and product in a significant manner
- Adheres to organizational processes and procedures
- Install, configure, maintain, and manage networking devices, servers, storage, and operating systems
- Evaluate and/or recommend procurement of network‐related devices, servers, storage systems, peripheral equipment, and software
- Investigate problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test, and implement solutions
- Support with system problems from identification to resolution across different departments, employees and/or systems
- Works independently, and as a team member
- Exhibits initiative and drive to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Maintaining site critical communication system and working closely with the service provider to keep the system up to date.
- Displays leadership qualities, takes ownership of assigned responsibilities
• Knowledge in electronics, computers and information technology, data science or equivalent is a plus
• Knowledge in systems monitoring and management in a high‐availability data center environment
• Associate degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft O365-Modern Workplace is desired, especially PowerApps, PowerBI, Power Automate and Azure DevOps
• Have a continuous improvement Mindset, in a fast-moving environment.
• Knowledge of IBM Maximo would be considered an asset
• Maintain certifications that support technical foundation of IT-Security (i.e. Net+, Sec+)
• Be a team player and have great communication skills.
• Knowledge in Industrial physical security system
• Knowledge with industrial network enterprise devices (i.e. Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, and servers)
• Knowledge with MS SQL database experience a plus.
• Knowledge in current MS or Linux operating systems experience.
• Experience with systems monitoring and management in a high‐availability data center environment
• Knowledge on Information Technology standards, guidelines, requirements, and programs such as NIST a plus
• UHF Radio communication experience a plus
Must possess A+, Net+ & Security+ certifications. CCNA/CCNP certification is a big plus.
MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCES
• At least three of experience in IT security industrial systems
• Position: IT Security Systems Specialist
• Site of Workplace: JFK airport, NY
• Organization: Alstom
• Schedule: Full-Time, Days
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Effective 29 January 2021, Alstom completed the acquisition of Bombardier Transportation. This is a Bombardier Transportation Legal Entity Position - positions at Bombardier Transportation companies are all members of the Alstom Group.
- Business Continuity
- Business Process Improvement
- Cisco Certified Network Associate