To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
IT Infrastructure Engineer I
Truliant Federal Credit Union • Winston-Salem, NC
Posted 23 days ago
Purpose of the Job
The IT Infrastructure Engineer role is responsible for the hardware and software components of the data center and other devices within the business setting for current and future environments. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, upgrading, and optimizing all infrastructure hardware and software. This role requires the individual to proactively monitor system performance and issues and respond to incidents that require attention in a timely manner. The IT Infrastructure Engineer role provides support on server/system issues for helpdesk functions when required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Participates in improvement and monitoring of deployment operations on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Participates in evaluating compatibility of programs with existing server hardware and software features.
- Proactively identifies technical opportunities and enhancements while addressing major incidents in a timely manner.
- Participates in scheduling and implementation of enhancements, repairs, and upgrades of infrastructure hardware and software
- Manages and ensures the integrity of servers, enterprise class storage devices (SAN, NAS), multiple databases, and data transfer.
- Manages and ensures the integrity, security, and retention of data on various storage devices.
- Ensures connectivity of all workstations.
- Leverages root cause analysis best practices.
- Contributes to the development and administration of Disaster Recovery plans.
- Evaluates and monitors system performance.
- Performs Microsoft Windows, SQL, Oracle, and Exchange Administration.
- Performs Backup/Restore configuration, implementation, and administration.
- Performs Virtualization Administration (VMWare ESX, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)).
- Manages directory structures along with permissions, sharing, and security.
- Establishes and maintains proper system documentation.
- Assesses need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and executes them if required.
- Practices system asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Monitors and tests server software performance and provides statistics and reports.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software improvements, upgrades, and patches.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have ability to work in a fast-pace environment, driving performance and reliability from software and infrastructure
- Must have understanding of HA and DR concepts as they apply to Infrastructure Designs
- Must have understanding of technologies consisting of but not limited to Virtualization (VMware), SAN, Backup\Recovery, Cloud, Business Continuity, Active Directory
- Must have working knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based infrastructure
- Must have working and technical knowledge and experience with current Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and experience of HP blade enclosures and storage systems is preferred
- Must have infrastructure engineering skills in one or more areas of Servers, Storage, OS, Middleware
- Must have knowledge of technical project management, project implementation, infrastructure engineering
- Must be familiar with system tools so as to be able to research and trouble shoot problems and provide solutions
- Must have general knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Must be adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Must have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must be self motivated, with ability to make decisions and work independently
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment preferred
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within the credit union
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities and execute tasks as required in a high pressure environment
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 3-5+ years’ experience in Infrastructure Systems maintenance related field required
- Experience in the development and implementation of both local area networks and wide area networks is preferred
- Experience in scripting (PowerShell, Bash) is required
- Technical certifications preferred
- Experience with SQL and Oracle administration preferred