Senior Systems EngineerCompensation:
$65.00 to $75.00 hourly
Our client has a full-time, regular position for a Senior Systems Engineer in the Office of Information Technology. This Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for assisting in the planning, maintenance and deployment of entire client ecosystem with additional system administration work as necessary. The engineer will develop and maintain software tools and custom scripts, using PowerShell, to automate repetitive tasks, create and maintain a detailed knowledge of how to use, deploy and update packages and images, and train and perform knowledge transfer as necessary.
• Manage SCCM development and deployment of standardized Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, Apple operating, applications, security patches, hardware asset inventory reports, and development of compliance baselines;
• Provide technical support to project teams and serve as an escalation point for the Service Desk;
• Assist in the administration of servers, desktop computers, printers, smart phones, software deployment, security updates and patches;
• Assist in the risk assessment, quality, budgeting, and scope management of deployment technical projects;
• Work closely with the Audit and Security teams to address outstanding items and prioritize remediation tasks;
• Automating the tracking, checking & reporting of the status of client systems within the environment;
• Review system and application logs, and verify the completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
• Assist in the routine audits of systems and software;
• Assist in the deployment of operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes;
• Develop automation scripts for testing;
• Participate in and adhere to the change management process;
• Lead in supporting Work Paper engagements, requiring application / environment testing and packaging;
• Perform other duties as assigned
***For immediate consideration, please send resumes to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Systems Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience; • 7+ years of experience in IT, preferably in systems administration; • 3 years of experience in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Active Directory, and Microsoft Windows OS; • Experience with Group Policy configuration and Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM); • Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Azure Active Directory and Intune; • Basic understanding of network architecture, switches, routers, network security and troubleshooting; • Experience using and managing Microsoft SCCM for imaging client systems and delivering software, patches, and OS upgrades; • Experience with supporting and administering various COTS, SaaS and custom developed software; • Familiarity with supporting virtualized applications; remote access software; ticket tracking systems; • Advanced PowerShell experience; • SCCM and Intune co-management a plus; • Familiarity with JAMF a plus; • Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; • Excellent oral and written communication skills; • Self-driven; works well independently; • Team player; collaborate; works well with others; contributes ideas to larger team but also comfortable taking direction from others; • Willingness to travel to the client site in Washington, DC office or other regional offices occasionally, as required; • Available for off business hours implementation and support; • Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds ***For immediate consideration, please send resumes to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Systems Engineer
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Systems Engineer.