JOB BRIEF (PURPOSE):FLSA STATUS:
The Key Bank Mortgage (KBM) Loan Officer (LO) is responsible for covering assigned retail bank branches on the origination of residential mortgage loans. LOs are expected to balance their work schedule between time spent in each of their assigned branches and Center of Influence (COI) calling activities that may require work outside of regular banking hours, which may necessitate a flexible work schedule. Furthermore, the expectation is that Loan Officers are in one of their assigned branches for at least a portion of every working day and COI outside calling is expected to be purposeful and pre-planned and should involve the retail staff as appropriate. The KBM LO is expected to collaborate with the fulfillment department to meet the needs of our clients from the point of registration to closing. The KBM LO is expected to meet or exceed established sales, cross-sell, home equity and referral goals congruently with maintaining high standards of client satisfaction and quality. This position is expected to manage client referrals and cross sell opportunities ensuring all new customers are introduced to local branch personnel, as applicable. The KBM LO should maintain sales/originator systems and efficient work flows.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The role of the KBM LO is to originate and process family residential real estate mortgage loans in accordance with KBM’s process and product guidelines. The KBM LO is responsible for gathering documents at the time of registering a loan and is expected to remain, along with the loan processor, the point of contact with the customer during the duration of the loan. This person is to maintain high standards of client satisfaction and quality, and ensure sales/originator systems and work flows are efficiently controlled. The KBM LO is also responsible for managing client referrals and the cross sell process ensuring all new customers are introduced to local branch personnel, as applicable. The KBM LO is responsible for knowing all Federal Regulations and bank policies/procedures. As needed and in partnership with assigned branch partners, the KBM LO is expected to help with joint calls with potential clients to develop new business both in person and over the phone. The KBM LO is to keep informed of trends and developments in the real estate market and mortgage industry. In addition, the KBM LO is to develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
- Meet with clients for mortgage opportunities as scheduled
- Interact with all branch personnel
- Interact with customer traffic. Make introductions and pass out business cards
- Review Book of Business client profiles with retail partners to uncover mortgage opportunities
- Discuss any cross sell opportunities discovered by LO
- Review mortgage pipeline with Branch Manager and/or delegate, as directed by Branch Manager
- For LOs who also call on Private Banking, a pipeline review should be held with PB RMs
- Expedite loans in process by regularly reviewing pipeline, following up on documentation with borrowers, interacting with title companies, realtors, attorneys, etc.
- Make outbound calls and engage in electronic communications to centers of influence (COI) for business development
1. Huddle Meetings: Attend at least one Branch Huddle meeting per assigned branch and present a mortgage topic that will benefit branch personnel.
2. Production Reviews: Meet with Branch Manager to review mortgage production to goal results. Discuss and gain commitment on activities for success based on the annual mortgage production goal; what it will take to achieve; number of referrals needed for each application, number of applications needed for each closing. For LOs that also call on Private Banking, monthly production reviews should also be held with PB RMs.
3. One on One: Meet with mortgage Sales Manager to review production results to goal, branch activities and Sales LO Action Plan.
1. Key at Work Calls: Make at least one Key at Work call quarterly with retail partners rotating among all your assigned branches.
2. Mortgage Day: Conduct at least one Mortgage Day each quarter, rotating among assigned Branches. Schedule two weeks in advance for event promotion by attending a huddle meeting to announce date, discuss event details and provide flyers to branch for event promotion.
3. Planning Meeting: For each assigned branch, conduct a quarterly planning meeting with each Branch Manager to review/refine the branch strategy and tactics for identifying mortgage opportunities.
Annual Goal Setting and Individual Sales Action Planning: LOs will receive a Goal Setting/Sales Planning Toolkit from their manager to draft their individual Sales LO Action Plan. The Sales LO Action Plan should outline production goals and include COI activities not addressed in the LO Playbook. The LO will then meet with their Sales Manager to finalize the individual production goal and Sales LO Action Plan. The Sales LO Action Plan will be recorded on page two of this Playbook, and along with the Playbook, will be used to measure performance against a documented plan.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience as a loan officer in 1st mortgage production, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
• A working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, TIL regulations, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, RESPA regulations, local and state real estate and finance laws.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
• Proficient in sales and service skills; including tele-consulting, prospecting, networking and COI relationship management.
• Strong financial acumen.
Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Qq Kbe Xqq