To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dearborn, MI 48120
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PACE Southeast Michigan • Dearborn, MI
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under general supervision, the Transportation Driver for PACE Southeast Michigan performs activities related to the transportation of program participants, and or medical supplies, to and from the program site and other facilities as directed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains established departmental and system policies and procedures and objectives, including but not limited to the following:
- Quality Assurance Program
- Safety Environmental
- Infection Control Standards
- Transports program participants to and from the program site or other assigned areas, as directed by the transportation supervisor or manager.
- Assists the program participants to and from the vehicle, to the participants' residence or the center in a safe manner, using the appropriate assistive devices as necessary.
- Participates in all scheduled education programs, in-services, or staff meetings as directed.
- Utilizes safe and appropriate body mechanics, and transfer techniques when providing transportation services to program.
- Responsible for properly securing wheelchairs and safety belts for wheelchair participants.
- Performs other related duties as necessary, assigned or requested by the transportation supervisor or manager.
- Some of these extra duties include the following:
- Maintenance of the buses—adding oil to the motor, adding brake fluid, windshield wiper fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid, putting air in tires, charging bus battery if bus won’t start, as well as, gassing bus and dropping off/picking up bus for repair.
- Cleaning of bus—this includes extermination & disinfection of bus after contamination of bed bugs and bodily fluids such as vomit, urine, and feces.
- Other responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the delivery of:
- All medication on a daily basis (average of 125 meds/supplements a day such as ensure, Pedialyte, frozen meals, diapers, syringes, gauze, etc).
- Drivers are held responsible if these items are not delivered.
- After a participant is deceased, drivers are responsible for picking up any items that belong to PACE or any items the family may choose to donate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A valid, unrestricted, Michigan CDL license–Class A or B, with Passenger endorsement, and a driving record that falls into an acceptable category.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Must be capable of and experienced in transporting individuals with special mobility needs.
- Must have one (1) year of experience with frail or elderly population.
- The ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds or more and to put forth extremely heavy physical effort.
- Must meet a standardized set of competencies (approved by CMS) before working.
- Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact.
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check and health screening, including drug test, TB and MMR.