You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Director of Environmental Services (EVS)
Jordan Valley West Campus Hosptial
Salary $70,000 - 75,000
Director, Environmental Services (EVS)
Lead a goal-oriented hospital housekeeping department to create a team environment that is effective, productive, and rewarding. Together with your team, you will create a safe, clean, and comfortable environment where patients can heal.
- Provide leadership that supports a team environment that fosters morale, passion, quality, and respect
- Demonstrate continuous ability to maintain and/or improve customer and patient satisfaction
- Lead and manage team member recruiting, training, development, and assignments
- Perform daily inspections and assessments and coach and counsel team members
- Collaborate with department, facility, and company leadership to achieve goals
- Analyze data and make adjustments to meet facility, budget, and compliance goals
- Execute, maintain, and monitor quality control systems and budgets
- Drive compliance with health, safety, and industry regulatory agencies
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Communication: Effective written, spoken, and non-verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- Customer Service: Service-oriented mentality with a focus on exceeding expectations
- Professionalism: Maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- Decision Making: Ability to quickly make sound decisions and judgments
- Proactivity: Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize projects and needs
- Team Player: Willingness to collaborate and provide support where needed to achieve outcomes
- Business Ethics: Demonstrate integrity, respect, and discretion in all business dealings
- Organization: Attention to detail and ability to effectively manage tasks in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years managing salaried and hourly employees
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Computer experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and various software
- Must be willing to relocate for promotion opportunities
Not Required But a Big Plus
- Proficiency in languages other than English, especially Spanish
- Familiarity with OSHA, The Joint Commission, and other regulatory requirements
What We Offer
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employee resource groups (ERGs)
- Career development and ongoing training
Important to Know
- To comply with CMS mandates, all HHS employees working in healthcare must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption (medical or religious) upon start of employment.
- Veterans and candidates with military experience are encouraged to apply.
- HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Who is HHS
HHS is a private, family-owned business dedicated to caring for its team members and providing honest, quality-driven customer service. Founded in 1975 as Hospital Housekeeping Systems, today HHS provides services including housekeeping, food, and facility management to nearly 1,000 customers across six industries.
We are growing rapidly and seeking motivated leaders to join us for the next stage of our journey. We support and encourage growth from within and believe that we have countless future leaders in our organization who are waiting for their next opportunity. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Team supports a work environment where individuals of all backgrounds are heard, respected, and encouraged to grow.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Ethics
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 35605599290
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.