To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Torrance, CA 90503
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sales Account Manager - Airlines
Advantage Resourcing • Torrance, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Sales Account Manager - Airlines
Location: Torrance, CA
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Salary Rate: $60K
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Our client, one of the largest global airlines in the world, is in the business of serving the global travel needs of customers. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
The Sales Account Manager will be responsible for generating passenger sales to achieve sales target through personal contact with key persons at corporations and travel management companies,
This is a great opportunity for sales professionals who love to build new business opportunities for the company you work for.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (NOT OFFICIAL: PLEASE ASK FOR MORE DETAILS DURING YOUR INTERVIEW)
• Attain sales quotas in accordance with guidelines provided by Management.
• Strategize account portfolio management to maximize the outcome.
• Develop account strategies by analyzing various data, gathering competitive information, understanding customers’ needs, and using all other resources.
• Negotiate with internal and external counterparts in order to realize most effective contract pricing and scheme.
• Implement a contract/scheme and educate travel agencies, travel managers, travel arrangers, travelers and/or other stakeholders to work/travel with the airline comfortably.
• Maintain high level of visibility and activities for assigned account portfolio, particularly for strategically important accounts.
• Visit or make sales calls to VIP customers and accounts to increase presence.
• Plan and conduct business functions such as promotional and/or hospitality events in order to develop relationships and partnerships.
• Review account performance jointly with business partners or by stand-alone and, if needed, develop counter measures.
• Take an active role in resolving any troubles or disputes.
• Coordinate joint sales activities with business partners.
• Maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge, including tariffs, schedules, sales promotion items, service features of the airline product line, competitive information and industry trends.
• Research new business opportunities and develop relationships.
• Perform general administrative duties such as status report, CRM system update, and other documentations in accordance with guidelines provided by Management.
• Perform any other duties as directed by Managers.
• Comply with federal, state and local requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree; Five years of related sales experience; Experience in the Airline/Travel industry; Or any equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong business English skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Airline Sales experience preferred
• Japanese speaking skill preferred