Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Southeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.Position and Responsibilities
As an Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls (EI&C) Designer with Middough, you will layout conduit and cable systems for instrumentation from field to control system, design/layout junction box, design/layout marshalling panel systems, and layout instrumentation loop sheets. The EI&C Designer also designs motor schematics, motor controls, conduit/cable systems to electric motors & other devices, and, electric heat trace systems, and lighting systems, grounding systems for foundations, equipment, and steel structures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Development of bill of materials, construction scope of work, obtain quotes for electric hardware and various instrumentation items.
- Assembly of project construction packages.
- Participate in project meetings, project cost estimates, and field walk downs.
- Complete self-checking of all work per project requirements.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2-10 years of E&I design work experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 3D is a plus.
- General knowledge of National Electric Code required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
What Middough Offers
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
Equal Opportunity Employment
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Control Systems