Hi, we are the Hammer Team!
We are very happy to hear that you are interested in becoming part of our team.
Hammer, more than a company, is a family, founded on strong values. We are a Design and Build company. We have been on this path for the last 30 years, and we have received several awards for best Design and Construction.
Our employees are a priority to us and therefore we provide many employee benefits.
We have a highly trained team and provide the best possible tools and support to our team. We hope you will want to join our team and be part of the Hammer family.
Are you interested in a job where you can influence and be immediately involved in a wide range of residential design and renovation projects? Do you know and love the process of residential construction, but desire to work more directly with Homeowners? Do you want to be a part of a structured process and team where you play a key role in turning an in-house design team’s plans into actual built projects?
If you are passionate about construction and working with a diverse team to create building projects that make you proud, Hammer might be the right fit for you.
Hammer is a fast-growing residential design and building company, serving the Washington DC Metro region with high-end renovations such as additions, and whole home renovations, including kitchens and baths. We love people who love what they do and love doing it successfully with a team. We believe that through technology and process improvement, we can design, sell, and build some of the most beautiful and pragmatic renovations in our region. We don’t believe in just achieving the industry norm of our peers and competitors, we strive for ways to improve our people, systems, and end products.
The Production Manager is critical to our business. You will have a direct involvement and impact on the success of our individual projects and the company as a whole. So if you’re highly motivated and love to make an impact, read on to learn more about this opportunity!
Does this sound like you?
We need a Residential Remodeling Production Manager who will help lead the management and construction of Hammer’s pipeline of renovation projects. In this role you will:
- Ensures compliance with all company rules, policies and agreements
- Supervises project managers and the production department team
- Evaluates and improves quality at each production step
- Document company procedures and train production team
- The production manager will ensure that routine change orders are estimated, written up and created by the PM’S
- The production manager maintains an adequate work force of subcontractors to meet the needs of the company.
- The production manager is responsible for all company vehicles, tools and equipment, including their maintenance and in good operating condition.
- The production manager approves all requests for payments to PM'S or Subs.
- The production manager is responsible for recruiting, negotiating and developing a working relationship with a sub-contractor in every trade. This includes developing a unit cost for every standard task.
- We need fresh innovative ideas to improved our Production Department.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in leveraging their construction and management experience to take the next step in their career to gain exposure and direct influence over a wide range of interior renovations, additions, and whole home projects.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- 10+ years in residential construction, remodeling, and/or home improvement experience.
We will help you grow your knowledge base on different architectural products and construction methods, but you must come ready with a confident background in how an addition or kitchen goes together. If you don’t know the difference between a crawlspace foundation, a slab on grade, and a frameless box construction cabinet, this is not for you.
- Confident and proficient in using technology and web based applications such as
Buildertrend, CoConstruct, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs (MS Word), Google
Sheets (MS Excel), Apple IOS devices
- A Construction / Building degree or PMP certification is a plus, but extensive hands-on experience can be just as (or more) impressive.
- Experienced in residential remodeling/construction phases and architectural construction systems (i.e. foundations, framing, MEPs, etc) and/or kitchen/bath systems (i.e. cabinetry, tile, fixtures, etc)
- Knows high quality construction when they see it, and holds themselves to this high standard, and is comfortable to teach and manage their trade teams to do the same
- Confident in reading and explaining architectural plans and details.
- Comfortable working in a bilingual environment (Spanish) out in the field, being proficient or fluent in Spanish is a plus
- Comfortable with meeting demanding deadlines, across multiple projects, simultaneously. It’s a mouthful, but we mean it.
- Lives in the DC Metro region. Our projects are primarily in the District and nearby. We meet with the Hammer team in Rockville in NW Washington DC, but you will be on your job sites multiple times throughout the week.
- Thrives working autonomously. Enjoys independence and trust, but appreciates and believes in the power of the ‘team.’
- Not shy or afraid to engage, own, and solve problems rapidly. We move quickly, so we’ll expect the same of you.
- Motivated by a company culture that always seeks improvement and rewards those who achieve it for themselves and the company as a whole.
What’s in it for you?
Work with a team who cares about you, not just your output. We value people, we value their families. Work is work, it’s why we're here, it’s why you are reading this job posting of course.
But our families, at home and ‘in the office,’ come first.
Work with a team who puts people before money. This means integrity, humility, and compassion are at the top of our minds at all times. We are here to do serious business in the remodeling industry, but never at the expense of our values.
Enjoy autonomy and trust. This job is not for clock-watchers. When you can get the job done and done well, we believe you will know how to best manage your time and stakeholders.
Work with a supportive and expert team, all interested in seeing you learn, grow, and champion your job.
Plenty of room for growth. Whether that’s your expertise, compensation, or both, we are all for it.
We started in 2004 and are still passionate about growing our people, our portfolio, and our company as a whole. Every person on the team has a direct impact on the top and bottom lines of the company and therefore, every person has the ability to build their own next opportunity here at Hammer.
- Health insurance premium stipend
- Dental and vision insurance
- Data and internet stipend
- Flexible working hours, mix of office and virtual (work from home)
- Rockville office is in a modern and private coworking space fitted with an arcade, coffee bar, white board room, and tv lounge areas.
- Company-provided laptop and monitor for use throughout your employment (based on role)
- Paid holidays plus your Birthday its important ( It's a paid holiday )
- 10 paid time off days (per year) that start accruing the day you start
Anyway, if all this sounds like something that would make you excited to drive into work everyday, then APPLY! We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Upp sell bonus
- Production management: 10 years minimun (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations