To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, CA
- Tami Nichols Flammer
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Spectrum Brands • Lake Forest, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting with Month-End close, reconciling balance sheet accounts and providing GL Accounting support as needed. The following duties apply:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (50%) Month-end closing including:
- Monthly Property tax accrual and amortizations
- Record FX Hedge settlement transactions
- Run monthly Bank of American detail transactions and statements
- Send checks to SPB for deposit and book checks deposit entry
- Record BOA miscellaneous payments and fund received entries
- Transfer monthly cash and Payroll withheld account balance to Kwikset entity
- Review and monitor account payable liability accounts
- Post journal entries in QAD on day 4 and 5 of month-end close
- (20%) Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- (10%) Maintenance vendor set up and update for all entities.
- (5%) Review monthly Sales/Use tax data and report correct data to SPB Tax Department
- (5%) Support Internal and External audit requests
- (5%) Ad hoc projects as assigned
- (5%) Back up support for GL Accounting team, as needed
Education and Experience Profile
- BA - Accounting
- 5-7+ years accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of QAD, SAP and Consolidation systems is a plus
- Familiarity with consolidation process in a multi-database environment
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, analytic skills, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Working conditions are normal for an office environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.