To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mountain Brook, AL 35213
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
international Code Council - Program Manager
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL, INC • Mountain Brook, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Assessment Center Division of ICC is responsible for development and administration of currently four testing-related services: the ICC National Certification Program; a state certification program; a national contractor/trade testing program; and contract testing support services provided in support of outside associations. This division has a full-time staff of 15 led by the Director of the Assessment Center (Director).
The Program Manager is responsible for facilitating development of examinations and examination items (questions) according to ICC departmental processes and psychometric standards. The Program Manager works closely with the larger Program Services team to provide these services, and reports to the Manager of Program Services (Manager). Major responsibilities include:
Examination Development and Maintenance
- Examination Development Committees (EDCs): manage assigned EDCs consistently using and following uniform ICC departmental processes and psychometric standards. Work with the EDC Chair and Manager of Program Services toward recruitment of members, preparation of agenda, meeting notices, training of members, and posting of minutes. Monitor and report on the quality of output and services provided by EDCs to the Manager. Must be able to use and master itembanking software in real time during EDC meetings, primarily via web/teleconference but occasionally in person.
- Examination Quality Control: ensure all assigned examinations and examination items follow ICC-established rules of style, format, and basic grammar. Monitor and provide periodic reports on the quality of exams which are assigned against quality goals as specified by the Manager.
- Form Assembly: assist as assigned to monitor the quality of forms which are assembled for assigned levels.
- Examination Performance: monitor the quality of assigned examinations through use of examination administration reports, including item and scoring analyses. Document review of reports as required by departmental policy.
- Examination Validation Records: develop and maintain examination validation and other records consistent with departmental policy. Provide quality reports for third-party accreditation.
- Client and Candidate Support: represent ICC as called upon for assigned clients. Monitor quality of services provided to examination applicants by staff.
- Quality Assurance Reports: Provide written reports on the quality of examinations which are assigned in format and frequency as specified by departmental policy.
- Business Development.
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting. Monitor expenses of assigned EDCs.
- Present ICC services to Chapters and outside agencies as assigned.
- Program Administration.
- Provide first-level (staff) reviews and reports on technical item challenges.Monitor the quality and accuracy of public information specific to assigned examinations; keep documentation on assigned examinations and clients current.
- Research and Development.
- Assist with research and development of technical, administrative, and business systems as assigned by the Manager and Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested when workload allows.
Education and Experience:
- The successful applicant will ideally possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in construction, engineering, architecture, psychometrics, measurement, computer sciences, or a related area.
- Must be proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft Office, and be able to learn itembanking software and database programs.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, plus experience in a fast-paced environment with critical hard-stop deadlines.
- Requires high organizational and process tracking skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.