The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Execution of studies for evaluation/implementation of Rapid Microbiology Technology
- Execution of routine compendial Microbiology methods for Pharmaceutical and Biological programs (Testing includes: Microbial Examination testing, Bioburden, Antimicrobial Effectiveness, Sterility, Endotoxin)
- Assistance with special studies (Ex: Microbial risk assessments, hold time evaluations).
- Execution of method validations of products/API's/raw materials in compendial test methods.
- Agar plate reading (bacteria/yeast/mold)
- Data Review
- Documents testing/results into Electronic Laboratory Notebook system and reports results in LIMS system.
- Equipment oversight and new lab start-up support
- Perform temperature monitoring of incubators, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Perform decontamination tasks of class A cleanroom.
- Preparation/maintenance of microbial stock cultures
- Support audit laboratory preparation activities
- General lab tasks: includes organizing supplies/media, routine Gram staining, removal of Biohazardous waste, etc.
- At least six months related laboratory experience including aseptic skills
- Basic knowledge of Rapid Microbiology Technologies
- General laboratory skills, and experience with pipettes
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Attentiveness to detail and good GMP documentation practices
What we offer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or a science-related field
- Ability to work weekends or off shift hours as needed
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with the ability to flex hours as needed to support manufacturing. Position will support manufacturing operations, therefore weekend and holiday work may be necessary. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services ® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com . Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Attention To Detail