- Average pay after training: $72,000 per year.
- Day 1 benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) begins after 90 days, and McLane matches your contribution annually.
- Schedule: You'll be home daily during training, then follow the route delivery driver schedule after training.
McLane Foodservice Albany is located in Guilderland Center, New York. It serves customers in upstate and western New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
Join McLane as a CDL-A Delivery Driver Trainee (Partial Program) and put your new CDL-A to work!
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane is also one of a select few trucking companies approved by the Veterans Administration to offer the GI Bill program to qualified Veteran Driver Trainees. If you are a military veteran and you qualify for McLane's Warriors 2 Wheels program, you are eligible to receive up to 12 monthly stipend payments from the VA, depending on your active duty status. While you are in training, you will be paired with a Driver Trainer to earn your miles and learn the McLane way of delivering exceptional service and support to our customers. Prior experience (via driving or eligible MOS) may count toward your mentored driving time requirements.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that is an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You are the person they see week after week. You will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route will ensure that you are not bored. You will deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
- Stack and sort delivered goods.
- Pick up merchandise as needed.
- Check vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip.
- Check load inventories against invoice for accuracy.
- Unload via ramp and hand cart or lift gate and pallet jack.
- Secure empty pallets in trailer.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your truck.
- Return equipment to its storage location after use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates participate in a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Have a current Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A).
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets which may weigh up to 75 pounds.
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)