Strengthening our nation’s power grid isn’t easy, but reliable electrical service is essential to everyday life. Every time someone charges an iPhone, cranks up the A/C or turns on a computer, we are busy behind the scenes making it happen. Michels Power, Inc. is one of the largest, most sought-after power delivery contractors in the United States. We do it all – from building transmission lines and substations to distribution networks and inside wiring. We also restore power after natural disasters strike. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels Power, Inc. can change yours.
As a Underground Power and Communications Directional Drill Locator, your key responsibilities will be locating and collecting data on utilities in front of a directional drill rig, installing and upgrading telecommunication networks along with loading, unloading, and transporting materials onto the job site for underground utility construction.
Why Michels Power, Inc.?
- Engineering News-Record ranks us as the No. 1 Electrical Transmission/Distribution contractor.
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We perform challenging, meaningful work that improves the world
- We believe everyone is responsible for promoting safety, regardless of job title
- We are a part of the Michels family of companies – one of North America’s largest, most diversified energy and infrastructure contractors
- You like to surround yourself with dedicated, value-driven people
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You cringe when you hear: “Because that’s the way we’ve always done it.”
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You believe that individual commitment to a group effort is key to success
- You want your work to make a difference in people’s lives
What it takes?
- 1 to 3 years of utility locating experience
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement or the ability to obtain