To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Vernon, IN 47620
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GAF Materials Corporation • Mount Vernon, IN
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Accounting Associate assists the Plant Accounting department in the daily, weekly and monthly process. Such activities may include Journal Entry preparation and resolution of Accounts Payable problem invoices. Additional responsibilities may include recording daily labor information for all hourly employees and reconciling payroll amounts to Plant general ledger.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Resolution of problem Accounts Payable invoices.
- Assist with cycle counting inventory.
- Administer journal entry preparation.
- Process payroll time records and weekly payroll information for paycheck generation. Reconcile payroll withholding accounts on the Plant ledger.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Entry level knowledge of ADP systems
- Familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Excellent math aptitude
- Intermediate level knowledge of computerized accounting system
- A Bachelor's degree coupled with one to two years’ experience, preferably in an Accounting/Finance environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status
GAF is an equal opportunity employer.