You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Project Engineer Co-Op (Westlake) - May 2023
- Consult with department managers to identify problems and provide assistance in methods and equipment improvement.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all non-routine maintenance and capital improvement plans for the plant.
- Assists in the monitoring and execution of the plant safety program.
- Prepares and follows to completion all assigned capital projects.
- Utilizes technical training to advise and design various mechanical innovations as required by operating departments.
- Assist in maintenance of all plant equipment and facilities so that the plant remains in good operating order, consistent with standards and with a minimum of mechanical downtime.
- Responsible for coordinating special projects as needed.
- Working towards Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), decision making and employee relations skills within a diverse workforce environment.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to operate within a planned budget and manage costs within established goals.
- Must have a high level of organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledgeable with safety compliance programs with a strong emphasis on safety, quality and housekeeping.
Since 1902, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today.
EOE including disability/veteran
- Decision Making
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: geej9ef
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.