DescriptionMINUTES FROM SAVANNAH AND POOLER GA!!! JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for coordinating and directing Social Services in accordance with federal, state and local regulations, established procedural guidelines and as directed by the Administrator. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Applies standards of professional Social Service work practice.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
3. Demonstrates competency in the protection and promotion of and advocacy for residents’ rights.
4. Responds to resident behavioral and psychiatric issues by completing behavioral and psychosocial assessments, providing treatment recommendations and making referrals to appropriate mental and behavioral health providers.
5. Coordinates discharge plans with residents and families.
6. Assists patients and families with advance directives in accordance with Federal regulations.
7. Resolves and tracks grievances.
8. Completes psychosocial assessments of residents.
9. Coordinates family council meetings.
10. Coordinates ancillary appointments as necessary. QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
For buildings with more than 120 beds: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social work, or Human Services field such as Sociology, Gerontology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or Psychology.
For buildings with 120 beds or less: Bachelor’s degree required. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of one year of supervised social work experience in healthcare or long term care setting working directly with patients. Previous supervisory experience. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
MSW Preferred. Job:
Social ServicesPrimary Location:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
May 14, 2021, 12:33:34 AM