To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norfolk, NE 68701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Machine Operator I - Night Crew (D)
Cardinal Health • Norfolk, NE
Posted 21 days ago
What Machine Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
- determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup
- uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
- measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
- fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Operate and/or tend a variety of assembly, printing, packaging and/or material feeder equipment as set up by department personnel, in a routine, repetitious fashion as assigned following department’ standard operating procedures.
Fill a variety of in process material into material feeder equipment, by hand or scoop, assuring that equipment is adequately filled and feeding properly. (Or) Tend barrel printing machine(s); install printing tape or fill ink reservoirs as required. Start machine and observe for correct operation; make necessary adjustments. Place empty and remove full containers to and from machine, dump material into box, affix labels, record and stack onto pallet.
OR Perform packaging operation off a variety of automatic packaging equipment; place empty bag(s) on chutes; remove full bags, weigh as required; verify count; assemble intermediate box, insert bags in box, secure, assemble shipper, insert box in shipper, close, seal and stack on pallet. May pack finished product by hand and insert into appropriate box(s).
OR Tend automatic assembly machine. Start machine, observe for correct operation and makes adjustments for material delivery/feeder equipment and automatic packaging system, as required; maintain ink reservoirs.
Un-jam material feeder equipment as required. Inspect in process or finished product/package visually following department’s specifications. Inform set up personnel or other designated personnel of any machine malfunction or defective product for correction. May move material to and from designated areas within department.
Responsible for correct recording of traceable information, production information, cleaning and safety check documentation that is required by your assigned duties.
Observe department’s safety regulations and to use personal protective equipment as required.
Practice department’s good manufacturing and housekeeping procedures and complete cleaning verification checklists as required.
Adhere to plant/Corporate policies/procedures, department safety and environmental regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ISO 13485 Standards.
Report any unusual circumstances to immediate supervisor and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or 1-3 months related work /training experience preferred
- 0 - 6 months previous work experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.