Responsible for the management of technical project leaders and for the on-time delivery of all engineering information. The Product Engineering Director will also be responsible for managing those in charge of the conceptual design of systems and the standardization of components. This person will also manage the independent testing, certifications, calculations, and engineering stamps for the facade systems.
My client is a multi-billion dollar leader who specializes in office spaces throughout the world.
- Manage, train, and motivate engineers in the design and production engineering departments
- Track project engineering milestones and deadlines
- Track and manage the quality of engineering information and engage in root-cause analysis when problems arise
- Regularly report on the key production metrics of the department and acknowledge accomplishments, pursue corrective actions, and ask for help when needed.
- Establish continuous improvement efforts to ensure the engineered product is industry-leading
- Establish processes to evaluate adherence to building codes and public safety
- Coordinate efforts to keep all departments working together towards the same schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or related field
- 10 years of supervisory experience in a curtainwall engineering or architectural engineering environment.
- Strong knowledge of glass production processes and best-practices
- Proven history of developing an engineering department including training engineers, defining engineering processes, and defining system performance criteria
- Experience leading teams to produce submittal packages for architectural glazing scopes
- Experience leading teams in the production of fabrication packages for both internal and external fabrication and assembly
- Experience analyzing and complying with architectural glazing specifications and building codes
- Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skill.
- Ability to understand technical drawings and mechanical principles
- Excellent computer skills
- Must have experience using CAD systems including 2D and 3D systems
- Must be able to produce and review calculation packages for glazing systems
- Master's Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New York, in good standing, with the ability to obtain licensure in other states
Competitive salary, opportunity to work in a brand-new facility, growth opportunities, benefits, 401k