Manages application development, testing, support and maintenance of Field and Corporate-facing applications. Engages with project delivery, project managers, and project sponsors in the business to understand, clarify, and document the objectives and success factors for technical solutions that support business-based project initiatives. Collaborates and consults with IT verticals, managers, and business owners as appropriate in providing support during the solution delivery and application support phases, managing enhancements and maintenance priorities and trade-offs as applicable. Provides technical guidance in ensuring optimal execution and implementation of maintenance and enhancement work with applications supported. Leverages existing technical standards to design solutions for projects. Provides updates, guidance and recommendations related to technology solutions and related projects to supervisor and staff, impacted IT and Corp Services/Protiviti business teams, and IT Sr Management. Partners with and obtains feedback from technical discipline owners and experts to maintain a clear understanding and awareness of current technical standards and direction; provides feedback on standards based on project experiences and user needs. Ensures team delivers infrastructure and workflow solutions to RHI standards of quality (response time, availability and user satisfaction) to field and back office users globally. Manages, directly or through subordinate supervisors/leads, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and effective staffing (e.g., having the right people with the right skills in the right job). Manages the development and implementation of system designs and technical specifications. Architects complex solutions to project/production issues and relationships between systems; ensures that solutions are executed properly. Manages on-call support for production systems on a rotating schedule.
Responsible for personnel actions, including hiring, onboarding, firing, promotion, development, discipline, and employee compensation. Provides coaching, guidance, mentoring to direct reports and next level down where and when appropriate. Establishes, leads, manages and develops an effective and collaborative team. Leads effective collaboration not only in immediate team but also with other IT verticals, dev team, and business Architects complex solutions to project/production issues and relationships between systems; ensures that solutions are executed properly. Partners to improve efficiencies and support quality deliverables. Monitors the collaborative process and makes adjustments as needed. Manages the development and implementation of system designs and technical specifications.
Bachelor's degree in IT-related field or equivalent years of experience
5+ years of Team Leadership, Supervisory or Management experience in a fast-paced IT environment in a similar role, including direct experience working for a Global Organization and/or providing cross-cultural support.
Strong knowledge of and experience with IT tools and technologies required by the unit as well as IT processes and methodologies including:
• Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems quickly.
• Command of the standard Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel or an alternate reporting tool.
• Strong debugging skills.
• Experienced in full lifecycle software development, including analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation.
• Understanding of object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
• Ability to create software architecture documents or other design artifacts.
• Familiarity with process modeling techniques.
• Knowledge of process definition and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Understanding of Server, Networking, Windows, and Mac systems provisioning.
• Understanding of Technical and Deskside support processes.
• Understanding of endpoint monitoring and support tools (backup, VPN, anti-virus, patching, and encryption).
• Strong knowledge of and demonstrated practice in customer service, business acumen, IT infrastructure technologies and end-user experience and technology project delivery preferred.
• Must be able to work independently and apply good judgment.
• Must be able to work within a team both as a leader and as a team member.
• Must be able to analyze circumstances or data that require evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer-service orientation.
• Strong working relationships with staff and IT Leadership (Directors, Sr. Managers, Managers, and Supervisors) and Business Leadership and teams (Corp and Field).
• International experience in order to build global partnerships.
• Ability to manage delivery and build effective direct reports and ad hoc teams.
• Enforce KPIs used for measuring results and performing look-backs on completed projects.
• Ability to identify overlapping projects and make appropriate recommendations on the course of action.
• Exercises independent judgment and composure under stress while supporting RH critical business functions.
• Capable and willing to learn new technologies in support of established and newly-identified business needs.
• Must be able to wield knowledge of related technologies to troubleshoot problems, although not expected to provide front-line support.
• Capable of collaborating and leading collaborative efforts with other customers, peers, managers, and suppliers to improve the quality and efficiency of service delivery.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.